The ideal candidate will have BIM experience gained from taking part on BIM-related projects in the Revit® platform, particularly to be able to evaluate the firm’s 10+ year BIM standards and assess how to develop these further. In addition, the BIM Manager will be tasked with further developing and creating families, project and view templates, material libraries and detail components. The candidate will also have proven ability to provide the office production designers with Revit® leadership on a wide range of projects.
This position will function within the Architectural team and will provide top notch production leadership, technical support, documentation, training and development to all the design staff, which encompasses both Architecture and an oversight of Interiors, Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection, Structural and other disciplines.
Standards Development and Content Management: Setting up projects from scratch with firm BIM standards, creating templates, making early decisions on how to break-up the models and distribute them based on design and construction team needs, geographical location and collaboration requirements.
Model Management: Rotating through projects to uphold standards, ensuring that modeling is done properly and model sizes are kept at a minimum. Fluency in all Revit® platforms is critical to ensure interoperability between interdisciplinary models and to pass on critical information to BIM Applications Specialists and the Project Managers.
Coaching and Developing: establishing training material and conducting software training for internal staff and new hires. Providing technical support to staff of all disciplines to help them execute skills from training sessions and ensure models meet VIP BIM standards.
- BIM content management, creation, approval and procedures
- Establish documented processes, procedures and workflows
- lnteroperability management of BIM and design engineering tools
- Integration of Revit® products with other applications (Autodesk, Construction, Cost Estimation)
- Create initial Revit® project setup with templates and workflow documents
- Work as part of a design support team to achieve consistent results
- Regular model review, administration and maintenance
- Provide Revit® Architecture desktop support (coordinate with Structure and MEP)
- Distribute and coordinate documents between project team
- Conduct internal training to ensure standards are understood and upheld
- Provide technical support to new staff
- Content creation: families such as parametric, formula, nested and type catalogs
- Oversee integration of BIM and Information Technology (IT)
- Propose pilot initiatives and manage these to align with company goals
- Ensure project BIM execution plans adherence and success
- Take the lead in educating business development and organization
- Integrate BIM and sustainable design to leverage Revit® analytic capabilities
- Strategic on-going relationship with the BIM and software industries
- Responsible for deployment of software issues and updates
- Stay informed on future BIM-related software (specifically Autodesk), associated technologies and best-practices
- Evaluate potential for third party content and software
- Manage software subscriptions and licenses (coordinate with IT)
- Attend conferences, workshops and seminars for BIM and future technologies
- Visualize Revit® models in augmented and virtual reality
Skills & Abilities:
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and serve as a resource for team
- Understand project lifecycles – Concept/SD/DD/CD/CA/FM phases
- Experience in conducting model reviews
- Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience within the following software applications: Autodesk Revit®, AutoCAD®, Navisworks® and BIM 360®
- Familiarity with scripting, file formats, and importing/exporting for automation
- Experience with developing Revit® standards, families, content and the ability to help guide other team members is required
- Possess working knowledge of design industry workflows, production cycle and priorities
- Ability to uphold the use of standards and provide day-to-day team support
- Utilize skills to fit VIPAA’s IT infrastructure and standards as necessary
- Education within the field of Architecture or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years or more of BIM production experience. Experience shall include, but not be limited to, all building components such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, structural, civil, space planning, and interiors, with a preference for a high-level in architectural experience.
- Familiarity with design applications such as BIM analytic tools, scripting and an innate ability to facilitate the benefits of these components within an integrated building information model.
- A minimum of 4 years of professional Autodesk products use and support: Autodesk Architecture, Engineering & Construction Collection, BIM 360® and Dynamo®