Reports to: Plant Manager
LeJeune Steel Company, an industry leading structural steel fabricator, employs an innovative team approach to successfully execute a wide array of projects in three fabrication facilities. The ideal candidate for this role has a solid foundation in electrical and mechanical maintenance, demonstrates a high level of energy and passion toward ensuring the reliability of our Minneapolis facility, and a commitment to our team’s goal - provide an exceptional client experience.
- Professional – give full effort, learn, share, and lead by example
- Accountable – get it done, own the results
- Superior Service – do the right thing, foster relationships, be helpful
- Innovative – think, challenge the status quo, solve problems creatively
- Optimistic – be positive, have courage, failure happens – learn from it
- Nimble – embrace change, make it happen, control our destiny
Partner with Lejeune Steel and join an organization focused on PASSION, dedicated enthusiasm, and care for our work and industry.
- Agile – Create true value quickly and efficiently. Proactively manage challenges and changes with confidence and decision.
- Curious – Constantly ask “Why?”. Challenge the status quo. Understand the customer’s business as well as they do.
- Innovative – Continually look for ways to improve and explore new ideas regardless of their source.
- Passionate – Positive, can-do attitude and a burning desire to be an expert in everything you do.
- Professional – Positively displays themselves and their organization through image and actions.
- Technical Learning - Picks up on technical things quickly; easily gains new skills and knowledge.
- Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning.
- Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; concentrates on priorities; gets more done in less time.
- Priority Setting - Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Planning - Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks.
- Organizing - Can marshal resources to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Composure - Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can hold things together during tough times; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence.
Responsibilities and Specific Tasks:
- Perform electrical and mechanical maintenance and troubleshooting of various types of fabrication equipment including cranes, saws, welding machines, abrasive blasters, paint systems, ventilation systems, CNC drills, punches, and thermal cutting equipment.
- Perform required routine maintenance of facility and grounds.
- Use Computerized Maintenance Management Systems to ensure preventive and predictive tasks are completed at an established frequency, to capture cost and frequency of equipment downtime, and to assist in capital expenditure planning.
- Ensure complete installation of replacement or additional capital equipment.
- Coordinate and supervise internal resources and contracted services. Incorporate service reports into the overall maintenance program.
- Integrate performance of maintenance activities with production demands.
- Report equipment status and recommend best course of action.
- Evaluate, purchase and maintain an appropriate inventory of parts and supplies as authorized.
- Communicate with Production Management to ensure maximum, reliable availability of production equipment.
- Vocational school graduate or commensurate experience.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures.
- Minimum of five years of progressive maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems, equipment installation, CNC equipment maintenance, variable frequency drives, hydraulics, pneumatics, rotating mechanical equipment.
- A working knowledge of maintenance procedures and interpretation of written and oral directions, including blueprints, construction, plans, drawings and assembly instructions.
All qualified applicants with LeJeune Steel Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.