Human Resources Consultant/Project Manager
(Starts Part-time; Can Grow to Full-time)
Do you have the skills and abilities to help those around you excel?
Do you have a balance of confidence and humility, to be able to give advise that's needed but not always wanted?
Alternative HRD, LLC, serves as the Human Resources Department for a wide range of employers in the tri-state area who have no HR professional on staff. We also work with larger employers who outsource HR projects to us, or who need interim and or transitional HR services. We have a team of highly experienced HR professionals who not only work on a strategic level with business owners and CEOs, but who also do the heavy lifting when our clients need people, add people, train people, lead people and lose people. While we are based in Sioux Falls, many of our clients have offices and/or employees throughout South Dakota and in other states.
Because more and more employers recognize the need for HR service and support, our demand keeps growing, which means we need even more HR professionals on our team!
If you are an HR Generalist with 5 to 7 or more years of experience, or if you have specialized knowledge and experience in compensation and benefits, talent acquisition and development, or performance management, we'd like to talk! We have opportunities with what we think is the most unique (and enjoyable) HR Department in the Midwest.
As an HR Consultant/Project Manager for Alternative HRD, you may be asked to:
- Conduct HR Risk Assessments
- Manage Human Resource functions for retainer clients
- Assist clients with recruiting and screening
- Implement HR processes and systems
- Review and update job descriptions, employment handbooks, etc.
- Consult with key executives re. HR objectives and recommend strategies
- Coach managers and supervisors re. personnel and performance issues
- Assure that clients comply with federal and state employment laws
- Assist with compensation and benefits studies
- BA/BS in business, HR or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of successful HR management experience; broad HR knowledge
- Some accounting and payroll experience helpful
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed
- Strong organizational and project management skills necessary
- Must be highly competent with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe
- Confident, professional, positive, with ability to work with deadlines
- Ability/willingness to travel to client locations (generally in SE South Dakota)
- HR certification or advanced degree preferred
Benefits include flexible hours, PTO accrual, retirement plan, supplemental insurance and an awesome team with which to work! Primarily requires weekday hours; considerable flexibility, depending on assignments. For more information about Alternative HRD, check out our website: www.alternativehrd.com!