Delta Fire was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 180 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
We are headquartered in Salt Lake City, but have a total of seven office locations to serve a huge part of the intermountain area, including the Salt Lake Valley and southern Utah, Reno and northwest Nevada, and southern Idaho.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, carbon dioxide and other clean agent and special hazard systems.
Delta Fire is committed to customer satisfaction and cutting edge technology, and we work hard to service our customers’ systems safely and quickly. We have an incredible safety record, and also believe in using sustainable business practices to improve and protect our environment.
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Alarm Service Sales
Responsible for both customer development and retention. Provides and negotiates pricing for inside and outside sales of panel replacements, deficiency repairs, system upgrades, alarm monitoring, and inspections. Expected to work closely with the Service, Inspections, and Alarm/Detection Departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Plans and Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and maintain contact with current and prospective qualified buyers of service, system modifications and upgrades, by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads and utilizing outlined marketing strategies
- Determine customer needs by conducting site surveys and educate the customer about Delta Fire Systems capabilities
- Create and present accurate, competitive, and effective proposals; identifying the customer’s fire and life safety issues, highlighting the threats of these problems and outlining the solutions
- Remain relevant to new and existing customers through consistent practice of sales calls, networking, and other market related practices
- Lead customer presentations, “lunch and learns" and other relationship building interactions
- Minimum of one face-to-face existing customer visit per week
- Provide a quote no later than three business days after the customer’s request, or prior to the customer’s deadline, whichever is sooner
- Stay on top of collections – no aged receivables at or over 120 days
- Participate in at least one local trade organization
- Take a customer of general contractor to lunch, golf or another relationship-building opportunity at least once per month
- Develop a schedule and plan to conduct at least two “lunch and learns” per year
- Support other Delta Fire teams in their initatives
- Complete understanding of all Delta Fire sales pricing worksheets and contract terms
- Excellent understanding of project mobilization
- Superior knowledge of project schedules and labor forecasting
- Clear understanding of all employees’ current skills and abilities and leverages to increase profitability
- Subject matter expert concerning NFPA and local codes and standards
- Monitor job productivity and implement methods to promote cost control
- Proactively manage field operating costs; including staff, vehicles, tools, equipment, etc.
- Provide accurate projections of cost-to-complete
- Assist sales team to help achieve accurate labor and equipment estimates
- Proactive approach to identifying and addressing issues (internally and externally)
- Stay positive and encourages strong morale, including empowering others to do their best
- Motivate through appropriate recognition and encouragement
- Remove obstacles to ensure success of team
- Conduct at least 3 safety audits per month
- Maintain proper safety conditions and training for field crews
- Ensure all required licenses and certifications are in place and up-to-date
- Ensure the field has all necessary manufacturers’ training / certifications for equipment and materials
- Four or more years’ experience in the fire protection industry is required
- NICET certification in Fire Alarm Systems or Inspection of Fire Alarm Systems is preferred
- Ideal candidate is cross-trained in: fire alarm, fire sprinkler, clean agent/special hazards, fire pumps, backflow prevention, fire extinguishers, electrical/emergency lighting
- If not cross-trained, must have strong knowledge in fire sprinkler systems and the pricing thereof
- Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes
- Viable local relationships with General Contractors and end-user businesses
- Must have at least one-year experience selling and pricing inspections, monitoring takeovers, deficiency repairs, and/or tenant improvement upgrades.
- Must be presentable to the customer in dress, demeanor, language, and email/phone/interpersonal skills/etiquette
- Strong prospecting skills
- Proven ability to close
- Excellent communication
- Travel throughout the state of Utah may be required
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Ability to use a computer quickly and efficiently
- Strong math/arithmetic skills
- Ability and willingness to maintain a safe work environment at all times
- Ability to pass post-offer drug screen and reference and background check
All qualified applicants with Delta Fire Systems Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor