Delta Fire is a division of Western States Fire Protection and was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 100 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
We are headquartered in Salt Lake City, but have a total of six office locations to serve a huge part of the intermountain area, including the Salt Lake Valley and southern Utah, Reno and northwest Nevada, and southern Idaho.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, ultra high speed and carbon dioxide systems.
Delta Fire is committed to customer satisfaction and cutting edge technology, and we work hard to service our customers’ systems safely and quickly. We have an incredible safety record, and also believe in using sustainable business practices to improve and protect our environment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
The Branch Collections Specialist is responsible for collecting accounts receivable payment from customers, resolving customer billing issues, and reducing payment delinquencies. The Branch Collections Specialist is also responsible for collaborating with the Branch Leader, Department Leaders, and Salesmen, to uniformly improve collections processes.
The work hours for this position are 8am-5pm, Monday - Friday.
- Proactively review open accounts, and contact customers in a professional manner while maintaining and improving customer relationships.
- Collect payment from customers in accordance with due dates.
- Review aging receivables with a focus on collecting 90+ day outstanding invoices.
- Ensure all departments within the branch are maintaining good collection practices.
- Resolve customer billing issues and payment delinquencies promptly.
- As required, meet with Branch and Department Leaders, as well as Salesmen, to discuss payment status of customers and keeping record of non-paying customers to avoid them in the future in favor of profitable work.
- 2+ years collections experience preferred
- 3-5 years of administrative experience
- Protect the company’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Learn and master Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Consider fellow Delta teammates internal customers, and treat them with a customer-focused approach. Build and nurture positive and respectful relationships throughout the company.
- Collect efficiently and promptly with a customer service approach, interacting courteously and professionally with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to pass a post offer drug screen test and background check
All qualified applicants with Delta Fire Systems Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor