APi National Service Group (APi NSG) is a part of the APi Group family of companies. With fire and life safety branch offices located across the U.S., our purpose is to provide a single point of contact for customers with a regional or national portfolio of properties. With a portfolio of customers across many industries, we continue to grow as one of the country’s preferred national service providers for fire and life safety systems. We strive to build long term relationships with our clients by assembling a team dedicated to providing world class customer service based on quality, timely service, responsiveness, safety, and integrity. We identify with and live out our parent company’s enduring purpose of Building Great Leaders™ in conjunction with our own core ideology. At APi NSG, regardless of role or position, everyone is a leader.
The primary responsibility of the Accounts Receivable Clerk role at APi NSG is to apply customer payments and to follow up with customers on open accounts receivable balances to ensure timely payment. We are a growing company with long term development opportunities.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Tasks related to applying customer payments
- Generate bank reporting to identify what customer payments have been received
- Post customer payments in financial system daily
- Tasks related to customer payment follow up
- Monitor open accounts receivable for past due invoices
- Verbally communicate with customer regarding past due invoices
- Maintain detailed collection memos in financial system
- Generate and distribute customer statements monthly
- Tasks related to AP Payment Processing
- Review, generate, and distribute vendor payments weekly
- Generate and distribute vendor remittance advice
- Document management; printing, scanning, archiving
- 1-3 years of accounting related experience, collection experience preferred.
- Understanding of accounting principles helpful, some accounting education preferred.
- Proficient and accurate data entry skills necessary.
- Ability to effectively communicate over the phone.
- Professional oral, interpersonal, and written English communications skills; must be able to communicate effectively to both internal and external clients at all levels.
- Strong computer proficiency (Outlook, Excel, Word). Ability to learn quickly and work in multiple platforms.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high volume work environment.
- Must be a self-starter.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including Health & Dental Insurance, 401K Program with a company match, Profit Sharing Plan, Short and Long-Term Disability, paid vacations and holidays, paid maternity leave, and educational opportunities.
If you are interested in joining our team, please follow the instructions below and forward your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
Hourly pay, opportunity for OT, potential for performance incentive. Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
- Employment Type: Full Time, 40 hours/week, Non-Exempt Status, Opportunity for OT
- Normal business hours are 7:30 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday
- Office environment, climate controlled
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
It is the policy of APi National Service Group not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status. APi National Service Group will take affirmative action to ensure that the EEO Policy is implemented, with particular regard to: advertising, application procedures, compensation, demotion, employment, fringe benefits, job assignment, job classification, layoff, leave, promotion, recruitment, rehire, social activities, training, termination, transfer, upgrade, and working conditions.
APi National Service Group will continue to make it understood by the employment entities with which it deals, and in employment opportunity announcements that the foregoing is company policy and all employment decisions are based on individual merit only. All current employees of APi National Service Group are requested to encourage qualified disabled persons, minorities, special disabled veterans, and Vietnam Era veterans to apply for employment, on the job training or for union accommodations for qualified disabled individuals.
It is the policy of APi National Service Group that all company activities, facilities, and job sites are nonsegregated. It is the policy of APi National Service Group to ensure and maintain a working environment free of coercion, harassment, and intimidation at all job sites, and in all facilities at which employees are assigned to work. Any violation of the policy should be immediately reported to your supervisor.
E-VERIFY PARTICIPATING EMPLOYER
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.