About the role
As a Learning Experience Designer, you will create learning experiences across several modalities: instructor-led, virtual, online, video, etc. You’ll perform analysis to determine the requirements, specifications, and objectives of stakeholders. The goal is to create materials, guides, courses, and other assets that will assist learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies effectively and in an engaging, participant-centered way.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborates with key business partners to review learning and performance needs, and conducts needs, content and learner analysis to translate opportunities into learning and skill building solutions. Designs and develops end-to-end learning solutions based on analysis and conducts content/material review sessions with internal groups as needed. Creates comprehensive assessment methods and content to measure learning results. Adapt instructional materials for multiple formats. Simultaneously manages multiple projects of varying scope and complexity to ensure project timelines, learning objectives, and budgets are met. Adapts instructional materials for multiple formats. Prepares internal trainers to facilitate training events. Facilitates/leads training courses as needed.
- Decides on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments. Maintains project documentation and course folders. Creates comprehensive assessment methods and content to measure learning results. Maintains training content for existing programs to ensure it meets the on-going learning needs. Continuously works to improve training content and processes
- Manages external development resources to ensure timely completion of tasks and overall project completion. Coordinates content and output reviews with stakeholders and obtains necessary approvals to keep projects on track and delivered on-time.
- Serves as internal consultant in troubleshooting to help resolve learning challenges issues. Collaborate with business leadership and others to plan, develop, facilitate and monitor effectiveness of training. Remains informed of trends in workplace learning, design & development, learning tools and processes. Responsible for updating and recording all bond information on R&C projects.
- Researches and develops policies, work processes and procedures as necessary as it relates to operations training. Reviews and contributes to policies and procedures and serves as a guide, recorder, and consultant.
- BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of learning design experience, ideally with remote learners or distributed workforce (multi-family/property management or hospitality industries preferred)
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Solid knowledge of course development software (Articulate preferred) and at least one Learning Management System
- Video editing software experience
- Visual design skills (PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
Why work for us
Grow. Succeed. Lead. Join the team delivering the best in residential real estate.
When you join Balfour Beatty Communities you join a growing company at the forefront of the exciting, fast-paced residential real estate industry. With an extensive portfolio of property locations throughout the United States as well as Regional Operating Centers and a large-scale corporate team, you’ll find ample opportunity and a variety of career paths here.
Our mission is clear: we deliver the quality communities people are proud to call home. We create exceptional living experiences by managing our communities with a relentless commitment to customer service. We believe we can only be successful if we always put people first, do the right thing, and deliver on our promises. This shared commitment guides our employees, provides a clear framework for making the right decisions and forms the foundation for our continued growth.
We are committed to the professional and technical development of every Balfour Beatty Communities employee. We deliver on this commitment by fostering a culture of learning and growth that provides a variety of development opportunities for our employees, including online, classroom and on-the-job programs.
Balfour Beatty Communities is all about delivering exceptional living and that starts with our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of health care options, retirement benefits, paid time off and many more services and programs aimed at ensuring total employee wellbeing.