For more than 100 years, the Jamar Company has built a reputation as an expert specialty contractor. We have a history of proven success in solving difficult challenges for our customers, offering services in industrial construction, plant maintenance, specialty fabrication, plumbing & HVAC, architectural metal and roofing, thermal insulation and roofing, commercial and industrial service. We’re headquartered in Duluth, MN with offices in the twin cities metro area, Green Bay and Spooner, WI, Bismarck and Watford City, ND, Windsor, CO and Mountain View, WY. The Jamar Company also includes ASDCO Construction Supply, Arrowhead Refrigeration, CMS Mechanical Services and Industrial Contractors, Inc.
We are looking for a team-oriented, detailed and energetic Roofing Service Project Manager to join our team in the Green Bay/Fox Valley region. This individual will estimate and manage activities throughout the project lifecycle including oversight of quality control, safety and productivity. The ideal candidate will allocate resources, schedule work, manage documentation and budgets, prepare project proposals and be responsible for strategic planning to secure Architectural opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with proven experience who is interested in growing their career while maintaining solid relationships and supporting business development, continually striving to build a stronger customer base.
- Minimum of five years’ commercial or industrial roofing experience.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial and industrial construction equipment and techniques, drawings, specifications, component materials and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite products including; Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Projects and typing skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility to communicate and collaborate effectively with others.
- Consistently represents the company with internal and external customers in a manner that’s consistent with our mission, vision and values.
- Valid driver’s license, a good driving record, and ability to work flexible schedules, including travel regionally for project specific work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Safely manage assigned projects and operations in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the estimating and management of service jobs.
- Document and/or review all new work orders to ensure timely scheduling and completion of work, including complete take-offs for repairs and/or re-roofing as required, prepare proposals, new business/sales and scheduling of preventative maintenance opportunities, ordering materials/ supplies and permits as required and assure public safety.
- Continually evaluate approach to work and determine compliance with standards and company safety policies and procedures, as well as project efficiencies. Always maintain awareness of project timelines and details related to project scope.
- Perform pre-inspections and inspections when required.
- Attend and participate in team coordination meetings.
- Represent company both internally and externally in a professional manner consistent with our values and mission, maintaining current customer relationships and develop new ones.
- Actively participate in progress, policies and initiatives designed to enhance the overall good of the company and corporation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail; initiative and self-discipline.
- Ability to complete estimates and proposals under pressure to meet specific deadlines.
- Understand construction practices, techniques, codes and regulations.
- Strong math and computer skills, writing, communications, public relations.
- Willingness to keep current with continuing education and training as necessary.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team setting.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Walking includes moving within a project site, including uneven surface/ground and working at heights.
- Requires balance: balance is crucial to the job and personal safety, in addition to no fear of heights.
- Must be able to climb and carry a ladder
- Requires repetitive movement, bending or twisting, kneeling, crouching, stooping or crawling, climbing, lifting, reaching and grasping.
- Ability to stand and walk, lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds on a regular basis
- The environmental conditions for this position include climate controlled indoor activity to inclement outdoor extremes of cold, heat, dust, wind and various forms of precipitation. Exposure to a variety of noise and equipment vibration.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate for environment. PPE required when in the plant, yard or construction areas include:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- High Visibility Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)
- Personal Fall Arrest Harness
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Compensation commensurate with experience
For more than 100 years, Jamar has built a reputation as a solid partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don’t just hire anyone. We hire extraordinary people – the kind who:
- Share our values
- Never stop learning
- Care about the community
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Thrive in a team environment