APi National Service Group (APi NSG) is a national, self-performing provider of code required testing and inspections, repair/maintenance, and retrofits of building fire suppression and life safety systems. With the banking, bonding and financial backing of a $2.4B parent company, APi Group, Inc., we represent a family of more than 44 companies within the Life Safety, Industrial and Specialty Construction industries.
The National Sales Representative role is designed to assist APi NSG with sales growth. You will be part of a team that will work cohesively to secure regional and national fire protection contracts. We are a company that is responsible in ensuring APi Group and its customers benefit from the synergy of growing and executing the service business.
APi NSG Core Values
- Developing creative solutions to increase the value we provide our stakeholders.
- Enriching the lives of our employees through development.
- Building personal relationships to foster collaboration and
- Fun, adaptable and energetic culture.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Secure regional and national fire protection inspection/maintenance and new construction contracts that benefit APi Group as a whole.
- Compile and submit sales proposals (RFPs, RFIs, and RFQs).
- Identify opportunities for growth in industries or areas where APi National Service Group is not currently focused.
- Consistently look for ways to improve our sales process and implement new strategies.
- Attend a variety of off-site engagements such as customer meetings, tradeshows, branch office visits, etc. in order grow relationships and obtain new business (travel as required).
- Manage expenses in a responsible manner.
- Work with the Implementation Manager to effectively implement new accounts to operations.
- Inform leadership of changes in the marketplace and current challenges.
- Review customer contracts as needed.
- Develop a fire protection program that makes our customers lives easier, more productive, less stressful and helps solve current issues.
- Build solid relationships with our branch offices and other APi employees on a regular basis in order to strengthen your professional network.
- Develop and maintain a general knowledge of NSG processes in order to speak intelligently and make decisions in the best interest of the organization.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Computer literate (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Telephone customer service aptitude
- Strong oral and written English communications skills
- Prioritization and management of multiple tasks
- Dependable, accurate, and detail oriented
- Posture to present to senior level leadership
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative and anticipates needs
Preferred skills and abilities
- Experience with customer service and sales
- Industry knowledge of fire protection and inspection industry
- Working hours of 7:30AM – 4:30PM
- Office environment, climate controlled
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
It is the policy of APi National Service Group not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status. APi National Service Group will take affirmative action to ensure that the EEO Policy is implemented, with particular regard to: advertising, application procedures, compensation, demotion, employment, fringe benefits, job assignment, job classification, layoff, leave, promotion, recruitment, rehire, social activities, training, termination, transfer, upgrade, and working conditions.
APi National Service Group will continue to make it understood by the employment entities with which it deals, and in employment opportunity announcements that the foregoing is company policy and all employment decisions are based on individual merit only. All current employees of APi National Service Group are requested to encourage qualified disabled persons, minorities, special disabled veterans, and Vietnam Era veterans to apply for employment, on the job training or for union accommodations for qualified disabled individuals.
It is the policy of APi National Service Group that all company activities, facilities, and job sites are nonsegregated. It is the policy of APi National Service Group to ensure and maintain a working environment free of coercion, harassment, and intimidation at all job sites, and in all facilities at which employees are assigned to work. Any violation of the policy should be immediately reported to your supervisor.
E-VERIFY PARTICIPATING EMPLOYER
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.