WHO WE ARE
- A leading full-service building automation provider for the past 40 years
- Growing organization known for excellence in product quality and customer experience
- A promoter of growth and opportunity for the people in our organization
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, and Life Insurance
- Smart 529 Education
- SIMPLE IRA Plan
- PTO/Paid Holidays
- OT Available
- Donation Matching
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Company Vehicle
- Company Phone
- Fuel Expenses
- Unlimited Training Opportunities
WHAT TO EXPECT
Primary Duties: An Energy Engineer will perform energy audits, identify energy conservation measures, document existing systems and conditions, assist in the design of new systems, sort and analyze utility data, develop the energy savings calculations and estimate utility incentives for proposed energy upgrades, and help generate formal sales proposals for HVAC and EMS measures.
- 2+ years of practical experience performing energy analysis for commercial, institutional and/or municipal building owners. This includes a background performing Retro-Commissioning.
- Experience developing projects in a team approach for energy conservation solutions that revolved around the HVAC and mechanical systems in a building. This may include various HVAC components and building automation systems (BAS).
- General familiarity with HVAC systems and components such as steam and hot water generations, heat pumps, chillers, ventilation systems, pumps, and motors as well as energy savings control strategies such as optimal start/stop, setback scheduling, and demand response.
- Experience developing and submitting savings calculations for a wide variety of energy conservation measures to be reviewed by the large electric and/or natural gas energy providers is highly desirable.
- Perform energy-use baseline analysis, including utility rate simulations and weather normalization.
- Experience with benchmarking different building types and using ENERGY STAR®.
- Perform field investigations and assist with project estimating.
- Ensure savings projections are plausible and financial risk identified.
- Knowledgeable with tracking utility usage after project completion to verify savings goals.
- Familiar with the incentive programs from Ameren and Spire.
- Assist in sales presentations when appropriate.
WHO WE WANT TO HIRE
- Problem solvers
- People who have smarts
- Great communicators
- Team players
- People who want continued growth and development
- Quick adapters to change
Technical Skills required for this Position:
- Have the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form. Must be able to develop reports that detail findings.
- Proficient with Excel and Word
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Passion for energy efficiency
- Drive for results
Experience required for this Position: 3+ years of related work experience, Advanced knowledge of building systems and energy usage
Training or Education Required for this Position: Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering preferred, LEED AP, EIT, CEA Preferred, You must be a current CEM or be willing and able to become a CEM