Finding the right fit:
The Geospatial division is seeking candidates to support Lidar production in the Aerial Mapping group in Madison, Wisconsin. Ayres is recognized as an industry leader in Aerial Mapping and Land Survey services and provides consulting to a wide range of professions and geospatial data users. We're looking for an individual with relevant educational or job experience related to lidar, surveying, and/or photogrammetry. On-the-job training for qualified entry-level technicians will be provided, but a background in map editing, quality control, data formatting, metadata, and coordinate systems would be considered a plus.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Work as part of a team in the Madison office and will be interacting with a wide range of expertise and technical backgrounds.
- Apply standard techniques and procedures to Lidar production associated with the group’s services described above.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates Degree from an accredited university or college in Geography, GIS, Land Survey or another related field.
- Reliable means of transportation to travel to the office.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Other Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively and successfully with supervisors, technicians, and other staff.
- Software experience including: Microstation, AutoCAD, TerraSolid, Global Mapper, LP360, and/or QT Modeler.
- Technical report writing and metadata.
- Quality assurance/quality control.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, People with Disabilities