In any given year, our people have a hand in installing, maintaining or operating hundreds of large mechanical systems – or supporting those that do. With each of those, there’s a story that is affecting people’s lives. That’s a responsibility we take very seriously, and it’s why we are driving innovation and disrupting the way people think about construction and facility service.
What you can expect:
Our internship program is a full-time, 10-12 week summer position from May through August. As an intern you’ll receive an exciting opportunity to acquire relevant work experience and work alongside our best and brightest. You will be paid competitively and get to network with our top leaders. Your experience will include an orientation, job walks and a community service event, just to name a few.
What you’ll bring:
We’re looking for students with an appetite to learn, who work just as well by themselves as with a collaborative spirit; currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Safety Management or similar degree with an interest in Mechanical Contracting. Effective communication skills with an ability to develop and foster strong professional relationships. Self-motivation and awareness; with a bit of a sense of humor; Basic level of business acumen
While you’re here you will:
- You will assist in the coordination of site-specific safety orientation programs in accordance with established corporate programs.
- You will accompany safety & health professionals on walk through tours as required.
- You will shadow safety personnel, conduct work area surveillance inspections, air sampling tests for confined space entry, participate in training programs and variety of other safety related tasks.
- You will assist in documenting all accidents, safety violations, unsafe conditions / activities.
- Contribute to a best in class safety culture focused on unsafe acts.