In any given year, our people have a hand in installing, maintaining or operating hundreds of large mechanical systems – or supporting those that do. With each of those, there’s a story that is affecting people’s lives. That’s a responsibility we take very seriously, and it’s why we are driving innovation and disrupting the way people think about construction and facility service.
What you can expect:
Our internship program is a full-time, 10-12 week summer position from May through August. As an intern you’ll receive an exciting opportunity to acquire relevant work experience and work alongside our best and brightest. You will be paid competitively and get to network with our top leaders. Your experience will include an orientation, job walks and a community service event, just to name a few.
As an User Experience Intern at U.S. Engineering, you will tap into your creative side and work with a small developer team and use leading web technologies. You will create quality application designs in an agile environment using leading technologies, such as Adobe XD or other design platforms. You will assist on taking concepts and turning them into mockups that allow the customers to understand how the product will look and function. Our goal is to create applications to track and manage mechanical systems from manufacturing to installed product. An opportunity at U.S. Engineering means you will be a part of shaping future skylines, enriching communities, and lowering the Total Cost of Ownership for building owners. We’re looking for visionaries to carry our mission forward.
What you’ll bring:
We’re looking for students with an appetite to learn, who work just as well by themselves as with a collaborative spirit; currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar degree with an interest in Mechanical Contracting. Effective communication skills with an ability to develop and foster strong professional relationships. Self-motivation and awareness; with a bit of a sense of humor; Basic level of business acumen. Interest in application and/or web development.
While you’re here you will:
- Collaborate with the Application Development Team to create a variety of applications crucial to our business needs.
- Assist with crafting effective solutions through mockups ranging from wireframes to high-fidelity prototypes.
- Help create user interaction models, design user stories, layout site maps, and document process workflows for a wide range of applications.
- Communicate design intent to the internal customers as well as the Application Development Team.
- Have opportunities to provide input on processes and technologies used in our technology stack.
- Assist with writing product specifications, style guides, and document best practices for front-end application development, as well as ensure product integrity as new features are added.
- Conduct concept and usability testing to gather feedback for future product enhancements.