Reports to: Vice President - Operations
Description: LeJeune Steel Company, an industry leading structural steel fabricator, employs an innovative team approach to successfully execute a wide array of projects in three fabrication facilities. This team member is responsible for a range of duties focused on delivering technology to support operational needs and personal technology devices / equipment. The ideal candidate will provide support via phone, email, remote desktop control, and desk-side support for office and field users across multiple office / shop locations. Work hours include regularly scheduled business hours and after-hours coverage.
- Professional – give full effort, learn, share, and lead by example
- Accountable – get it done, own the results
- Superior Service – do the right thing, foster relationships, be helpful
- Innovative – think, challenge the status quo, solve problems creatively
- Optimistic – be positive, have courage, failure happens – learn from it
- Nimble – embrace change, make it happen, control our destiny
Partner with Lejeune Steel and join an organization focused on PASSION, dedicated enthusiasm, and care for our work and industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to analyze and make decisions.
- Willingness to keep current with continuing education as necessary.
- Ability to develop and maintain a collaborative, positive team environment.
- Relationship build internally as well as externally.
- Actively participate in programs and initiatives designed to enhance the overall good of the company, including sister company support as needed.
- Initiative and self-discipline
- Strong work ethic, time management and customer services skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Always puts forth a courteous, friendly, helpful attitude when working with team members.
Responsibilities / Tasks of role:
- Accept initial IT support requests, prioritize, diagnose and drive resolution independently, or with assistance with APi Group Field Support (directly or ticketing system).
- Attempts to resolve most of the support requests upon first contact with user.
- Participates in the evaluation, development, and implementation of technology standards, equipment and procedures to ensure consistency, compliance and equipment management.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the standard desktop, laptop, and virtual desktop images.
- Participate in new hardware and software rollouts.
- Assist in providing tools, training or other useful resources to help employees utilize technology more effectively.
- Maintain IT hardware, perform small hardware repairs, work with vendor repair services and help maintain an inventory of spare parts.
- Support mobile device technology service requests and manage Microsoft Intune system for phones and tablets across the company
- Responsible for allocating / purchasing new and used devices as requested and approved.
- Participates in companywide initiatives or projects as it relates to technology, equipment, or services.
- Administer user management controls over company software systems
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Education:
- Minimum of four years of IT experience providing user support service in a complex business environment, including experience in using and supporting desktop applications.
- 2+ years experience in all the following applications: Windows 10, Office 365 and Apple iOS
- Basic understanding of networking and DNS
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Proven technical skills for diagnosing and troubleshooting application, operating system, and hardware problems.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts, in spoken and written form, to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong time and priority management skills and ability to perform the primary functions of the position with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to travel to all LSC locations, business functions and training as needed for work
- Additional certifications in Microsoft, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
- Experience in coding with C# to build API connections is a plus
Physical Demands / Work Environment
Primarily a stationary position for a considerable portion of the day (sitting and/or standing). Must be able to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant environment. PPE required when in the plant, yard or construction areas include:
- Hard Hat
- Safely Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed boots with Metatarsal Guards
- Reflective vest
- Hearing protection (designated areas)