A Utility Operator is an operator who works as directed by the Site Superintendent. Work may include but is not limited to: operating skid steer loader, excavator, landscape tractor, trenchers, vibratory plows and other miscellaneous small equipment. Labor work will also be required at times. Shoveling, raking, or other labor tasks on a dirt crew, or landscape crew may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates skid steer loader, excavator, landscape tractor,trenchers, vibratory plows or other equipment when direct by the Site Superintendent.
- Performs necessary daily inspection and or maintenance of equipment used.
- Keeps equipment clean and in working order and prepares equipment for transport when needed.
- Maintains orderliness, cleanliness and safety at jobsite.
- Rakes and shovels dirt and other materials as needed.
- Performs manual labor tasks associated with dirt work, or golf work, or underground utility work.
- Follows Supervisor’s instructions closely.
Skills and Abilities:
- Understand and adhere to all safety regulations.
- Understand and adhere to the Personal Protection Equipment requirements.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Walk, bend, kneel, lift, stretch and sit.
- Work extended hours out of doors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Travel and some Saturday work are required.