Title: Risk Claims Specialist
Reports to: Risk Supervisor
About Wright Service Corp:
Ranked 24th in the 2019 Top Workplaces in Iowa, Wright Service Corp. is a prominent leader in several environmental services industries, as the parent company to Wright Tree Service, Wright Outdoor Solutions, CNUC, Terra Spectrum Technologies, Sustainable Environmental Consultants, Wright Tree Service of the West, Spectrum Resource Group and Arborcare.
Together as a family of companies, Wright Service Corp. provides integrated vegetation management, technology solutions, consulting and operations, commercial environmental products, and residential and commercial landscaping, tree care, and other outdoor services.
- Assist team members of the Risk Department charged with root cause investigation, insurance submission, negotiation and resolution of general liability, auto liability and workers’ compensation claims.
- Negotiate claims settlement for different types of claims made against the company.
- Work closely with the other Risk Department members to ensure development and compliance of the company Safety, Education and Training Programs.
- Take a leadership role in operations communication regarding claims and necessary training relating to claims history.
- Work closely with safety personnel and other management members responsible for the development and compliance of the company Safety Program.
- Work with our Third-Party Administrator assisting in all aspects of the claims handling process
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education.
- Minimum of one years’ experience in adjusting insurance claims in either General Liability, Automobile Liability and/or Workers’ Compensation.
- Possess above average claims investigation skills. Intermediate/Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft’s Suite of Office Products.
- Certification in a recognized insurance program such as CPCU or Claims Law Associate or documented work toward the designation and willingness to complete the program.
- Solid understanding of contract law.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel sometimes with short notice.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal skills as well as strong presentation skills.
Wright Service Corp Offers:
- 'Dress for Your Day' Clothing Policy. Casual dress M-F which includes jeans!
- Competitive pay & great benefits including vacation, medical, dental, vision, education assistance, volunteer opportunities...just to name a few!
- Wellness Program & Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- 401k & ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) - A retirement plan completely funded by the company!
- Team Thursdays - An office-wide team building event that occurs throughout the year.
- Rich culture - driven by private ownership and intentional leadership