Job Title: Concrete Finisher
Hiring Bonus Contingent on Experience
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Ability to perform routine manual and semi-skilled work in concrete restoration. Responsible for the equipment used in their day to day operations. This position may operate a variety of hand and power tools. It is our policy to provide and maintain safe working conditions for all employees and make a positive impact on the environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Based upon level of position, not all functions may apply)
- Experience in sidewalks, roads or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools
- Must be able to align forms for sidewalks, curbs or gutters, patch voids and use saws to cut expansion joints
- Perform job tasks in a safe manner in accordance with company policy
- Ability to use shovels, picks, axes and machinery
- Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure the surface of concrete
- Waterproofing, damp-proofing and restoring concrete surfaces
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete
- Perform general maintenance of construction equipment and vehicles
- Must ensure the proper use of personal safety equipment
- Follow all health and safety regulations when operating equipment
- Ability to pull, lift and carry heavy objects
- Flexibility of working long hours and the ability to work in all types of weather conditions
- Maintain a clean job site and to pick up all tools and equipment and secure the jobsite each day
- Other duties as required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (Based upon level of position, not all may apply)
- Must be reliable and able to work in a team environment
- Excellent reading skills to understand and comprehend all construction warning signs
- Require passing a pre-employment drug test and subsequent random drug tests
- Great attention to safety
- Able to work in high-stress environment with extreme weather fluctuations
- Preferred experience within the Construction, Pipeline or Gas Distribution industry
The position lifts heavy objects, walking, standing, bending and kneeling for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The employee is subject to outside environmental conditions, no effective protection from the weather. The employee is subject to extreme cold and warm temperatures.
Will be lifting, pushing, pulling or carries heavy objects; using abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support. Must have good manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination and balance. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; stoop; reach; climb; bend; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.