Dondlinger Construction Company is one of the industry’s most experienced general contractors with over 125 years in business. Founded in 1898, Dondlinger has a long history of completing landmark projects throughout the region, including Kansas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Missouri and Iowa. We have capabilities in commercial building, civil construction; including bridge and heavy highway, and underground utility construction. In addition, Dondlinger works year-round, has career advancement opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. Visit our website at www.dondlinger.build to learn more about our completed and currently “under construction” projects, our rich past and our exciting future. Dondlinger Construction is an EEO Employer. Veterans, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Crane Operator
The following is a summary of the likely duties of a Crane Operator at Dondlinger Construction/Allied Crane, LLC. The duties may, however, extend beyond this job description. This should be used as a guideline of physical requirements and skill expectations of this role. Preference for NCCCO certified crane operator; however, training is an option for the "right" candidate.
A Crane Operator performs any of the following duties on construction projects, by transferring from one task to another where demands require workers with varied experience and ability.
- Assemble/Set-up and inspect Hydraulic Rough Terrain and Lattice Boom Crawler Cranes
- Perform daily inspections and maintenance of cranes operated
- Know and understand capabilities of the cranes operated
- Work with Supervisor to plan all picks
- Safely Rig and Pick loads Including but not limited to:
- Concrete Forms and Decking
- Concrete Buckets
- Steel piling
- Steel and Concrete Girders
- Deck Panels
- Mechanical fixtures
- Some labor work as needed.
- 2 years proven experience as a crane operator preferred but will train the right person
- Class B CDL Required
- Over 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States of America- we E-verify!
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Complete and pass pre-employment testing, including a drug screen and a physical capacity test
- NCCCO certified or eligible/capable of attaining certification within one year.
- Certified Rigger a plus
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Capable of operating equipment efficiently with safety in mind at all times.
- Ability to understand the responsibility of safe operating to co-workers and the general public
- Ability to reach and grip constantly
- Ability to stoop and kneel frequently
- Ability to lift 0-25 pounds constantly
- Ability to lift 25-75 pounds frequently
- Ability to life 75+ pounds occasionally
- Constant exposure to weather
- Frequent exposure to dust/fumes
- Must wear a hard hat, safety glasses and leather hard-soled work boot at all times when on the job-site
CANDIDATES WHO ARE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE FIELD TESTED AS PART OF THE INTERVIEW AND SELECTION PROCESS. THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION.
What do we offer?
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off