Franz Witte (rhymes with “Bronze Kitty”) is on a mission to beautify, enhance, and preserve Idaho’s outdoor living spaces — and you can be a part of that cause.
Established in 1971, the company bears the name of its founder, Franz Witte, Jr. His legacy of designing and building high end residential landscapes earned the reputation of quality, reliability, and exceptional artistry. 50 years later, we remain one of the top names in the Treasure Valley for landscaping, landscape maintenance, and retail garden supply. With nearly 150 employees and two locations, we’ve preserved Franz’ legacy while staying ahead of our clients’ needs in an ever changing world.
Franz Witte is unique in that we service the entire landscaping vertical market (garden retail, design & construction, and maintenance). Each department addresses our customers’ different sets of needs:
Shoppers come here to be inspired. Our inventory is hand-selected from regional growers and home & garden suppliers, and our staff is knowledgeable in Idaho horticulture. When customers seek guidance, we offer a listening ear and personalized recommendations. It’s our employees who help them feel empowered to take on their project, and confident that they will succeed.
Homeowners and general contractors depend on subcontractors to do quality work, on time and on budget. Our entire team, from sales and design, to production, foremen, and laborers are all solution oriented. We prioritize both the client’s vision, and the long-term success of the project. And so our reputation is well earned; and it starts with our people. Come join the team that takes the most pride in building Idaho’s finest communities.
Every HOA resident who takes a walk or drive through their neighborhood should experience the joy of nature. Every tenant or guest of a commercial campus deserves clean grounds, healthy looking plants, and an inviting space to work or commute. Behind the scenes to make it happen are the HOA reps and property managers who rely on a relationship with contractors like us. Franz Witte listens to our clients and stays ahead of their concerns — making their lives easier. Our employees maintain those relationships, as well as the properties, that bring joy to so many people in the Treasure Valley.
If you’re purpose-driven, a team player, and want to make a difference, apply to become part of the flamingo team!
Residential design & sales is the foundation upon which our company was built. In this role you must be very creative, have an eye for detail, understand costs, productivity of crew, equipment, estimating, and have a vast understanding of what goes into every aspect of landscape construction, including hardscape, softscape, irrigation, and specialized trades such as carpentry, masonry, and plumbing. Your responsibility is to design and sell landscapes, and build relationships that will last a lifetime. Sales expectations range from $500,000 - $2,000,000
What You’ll Do:
• Contact project leads generated on your own or from company lead process
• Schedule initial client meeting, listen to client needs, and develop plans that meet or exceed expectations
• Develop project estimates and proposals within company software (currently LMN)
• Write contracts using company documents and get client signature
• Collect project deposit requirements
• Create job planner, including landscape plan, material list, labor, and equipment budgeted hours
• Schedule pre-construction meeting with production team
• Follow up with production team to ensure plans, quality, and schedule expectations are being met or exceeded
• Assist with technical aspects of the project, and problem solve with the team to resolve issues quickly
• Constant communication with production manager and client throughout project; address any additional needs or concerns immediately
• Change order pricing and documentation
• Final walk-through with production manager and client to close out project
• Review job analysis, create final billing within 2 weeks of completion, and collect final payment
• Follow up, follow up, follow up (and Christmas card)
Skills We’re Seeking:
• Degree in Landscape Architecture, associated field, or equivalent landscape experience
• 5+ years sales related experience
• Creative and current design skills
• Technical design software experience (CAD, Sketchup, etc.)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products and CRM software
• Effective communication and organizational skills
• Must excel at multi-tasking and execute tasks on-time with a high level of detail
• Hardscape, softscape, irrigation, carpentry, and masonry knowledge required
All employees are subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.