Reports to: Vice President – Finance
LeJeune Steel Company, an industry leading structural steel fabricator, employs an innovative team approach to successfully execute a wide array of projects in three fabrication facilities. The ideal Controller would possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), along with the provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. This person would be accountable for the accounting operations of the organization, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls, This person would also assist with designing budgets focused on mitigating risk, enhance the accuracy of the organization’s reporting of financial results and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Professional – give full effort, learn, share, and lead by example
- Accountable – get it done, own the results
- Superior Service – do the right thing, foster relationships, be helpful
- Innovative – think, challenge the status quo, solve problems creatively
- Optimistic – be positive, have courage, failure happens – learn from it
- Nimble – embrace change, make it happen, control our destiny
Partner with Lejeune Steel and join an organization focused on PASSION, dedicated enthusiasm, and care for our work and industry.
Responsibilities/Tasks of role:
- Coordination and preparation of internal and external financial statements
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Managing all aspects of the general ledger
- Ensure reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Review financial details from past, present, and forecasted operations; identify development opportunities and improvements that can be made.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and year-end analysis
- Coordinate and / or assist with the budget process
- Analyze, research, and report cost variances
- Assist with current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Assist with sales and use tax compliance
- Process weekly and semi-monthly payrolls
- Serve as the liaison to external auditors
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related business degree
- 7+ years of related experience
- Experience with financial statement preparation
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
All qualified applicants with LeJeune Steel Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.