2nd Shift Supervisor
LeJeune Steel Company and its affiliates, Wisconsin Structural Steel (WSSCO) and Industrial Fabricators Inc. (IFI), are industry leading structural steel fabricators committed to building better communities. We do this through excellence, quality, and value in our structural solutions, continuous growth and opportunity for our employees, and mutually beneficial relationships with all our partners. We want our structures to connect people, provide safe places for business and pleasure, and give life to the ideas of the people who design them and who use them.
LeJeune Steel delivers projects in a wide variety of industries including healthcare, education, sports stadiums, commercial, industrial, warehousing, infrastructure and DOT and rail bridges across the United States and Canada. Our commitment to innovation and continuous improvement is reflected in our use of state-of-the-art technology, software, and equipment in both our office and shops. LeJeune Steel is part of the APi Group of companies and is proud to be a privately held, employee owned business.
Reports to: Plant Manager
The 2nd Shift Shop Supervisor is responsible to adhere to the mission of developing a safe, quality orientated, organized and efficient production environment that will meet customer quality and delivery requirements while minimizing cost.
- Work with production manager, 1st shift leads, and quality control personnel to give every opportunity to develop every employee.
- Set and maintain a level of urgency amongst the crew.
- Promote cross training opportunities and ensure welder qualifications are being administered.
- Participate, lead, and promote company safety program(s)
- Lead and or participate in any accident investigations as required.
- Supervise and direct shop personnel to ensure safety, quality, production, and cost objectives are achieved.
- Communicate quality and production results with crew.
- Foster a team approach between shifts and quality control group.
- Actively attend daily shift turnover meetings.
- Understand daily priorities, goals, restraints, traps, etc.
- Provide written/electronic turnover to 1st shift each day.
- Use tools to understand delivery requirements, quality metrics, and productivity measurements.
- Work with production manager to administer company personnel policy including progressive discipline.
- Forward thinking approach
- Plan and prepare for upcoming work. (Work area, tools, equip, PPE)
- Be a continuous improvement leader.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Previously demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of product.
- Minimum of 3 years’ metal manufacturing / welding experience
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen test and background check
All qualified applicants with LeJeune Steel Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.