GRAEF, a leading U.S. consulting firm, has been providing exceptional careers and quality engineering services to our clients since 1961. We recognize that the best workplaces are filled with technically excellent, innovative, creative, and highly motivated people. GRAEF is more than just a business. We are a committed employer and community member. We invest in our employees as we do our clients, providing a challenging and rewarding environment where you can grow both personally and professionally. GRAEF values exciting work and lasting relationships; we embody values that speak to loyalty, service, quality and integrity; and we strive to grow with these ideas leading the way. We’re looking for people who agree that in addition to technical excellence, it’s all about relationships!
We have a new opportunity for a Civil Engineer in our Chicago O'Hare office. This position offers rewarding project challenges and an opportunity to become an important part of a well-established technical group.
In order to be considered for this position, we are considering candidates who meet the following basic qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.
- EIT certification
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in designing highway and/or site development projects, with a majority of that experience in Chicago.
- Experience with MicroStation is required. Civil 3D experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of site design software is a plus.
Typical job duties may include:
- Design of highway and site development improvements, including roadways, site grading, storm drainage, water main distribution systems, sanitary sewer collection systems, and other site utilities.
- Preparation of local, state and federal permit applications.
- Identifying and handling compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Collaborating with design staff.
We are proud to offer you a complete benefit package to include:
- Medical/Dental/Audio/Visual Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Training, Mentorship, and Leadership Development Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A team atmosphere dedicated to open communication and collaboration
- Flexible Schedule
- Corporate Casual Dress
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer - Disabled/Vets