General Summary Description
Project Quality Managers aim to ensure the products and services provided meet company quality standards and are within compliance of specifying agencies. The role is concerned with monitoring and advising key personnel on the performance of hot mix production, lay down and quality control measures. This role will be involved with quality from the beginning of the project until the conclusion and will work with Project Managers, Paving Superintendents, and Quality Control to ensure quality standards are met.
- Devise and establish company’s quality procedures, standards, and specifications
- Review specifications before bidding jobs, creating or maintaining mix designs to meet the specifications, and adjusting mixes during production to ensure quality and cost effectiveness
- Advise on changes, tools, and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards
- Review pay factors and estimates, track testing costs on jobs, review profilograph and IC/IR performance, establish rolling patterns, and set up qualified inspection
- Review specifications with Project Managers to make sure they are met
- Work with suppliers to establish quality standards
- Create mix designs that meet current or proposed specifications and company quality guidelines
- Upon request, present proposed mix designs to estimators for project lettings
- Submit mix designs for acceptance on projects
- Review test results, adjust mix for compliance, and address any failing results
- Report test results to key personnel
- Stop production for any quality issues that need addressed
- Schedule testing as needed (both in house and with other agencies)
- Attend internal pre bid and pre activity meetings to address any mix or testing concerns
- Attend preconstruction meetings to address any mix or testing concerns
- Measure performance and identify areas of weakness, recommend and implement improvements
- Make sure the company is work effectively to keep up with competitors and maintain highest quality
- Perform DOT Quality Manager duties on required projects
- Attend conferences and events to keep up with industries trends and advances
Minimum Requirements, Abilities and Expectations
- Minimum of five (5) years experience with mix design and adjustment
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of specifications
- Current certifications for MoDOT and KDOT
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Capable of adjusting mix designs in the field
Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Intellectual Horsepower: Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Integrity & Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Decision Quality: Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Ethics & Values: Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/female/disability/veteran