ReVision Energy is an Employee Owned full-service design, engineering, and installation company with an unmatched depth of experience in Northern New England. Our products range from Solar PV, Heat Pumps, and Batteries. Our company has been awarded the 2019 Clean Energy Company of the Year by the Northeast Clean Energy Council and ranked in 3 categories in B Corp’s “Best for the World” honors in 2019, putting ReVision Energy in the top 10% of impact-driven businesses globally.
Since our founding in 2003, ReVision has grown from two solar geeks in a garage to more than 260 employees across five locations in 3 states. Our success is centered around a hiring philosophy of attracting exceptional, self-motivated individuals and empowering them to be the best professionals in the industry.
ReVision Energy is seeking a highly motivated Thermal Operations Specialist (TOS) to support its growing mini split heat pump department. The position will provide support to teams located in the three southern branches of ReVision Energy for the foreseeable future. Those include Brentwood, NH (home office), the Upper Valley Region in NH, and the North Shore of Massachusetts. Candidates should have experience in residential HVAC installation as well as construction management experience. They should be comfortable working on both retrofit and new construction applications for mini split technology. Candidates should have excellent communication skills which will be utilized working with internal and external personnel, with a particular focus on general contractors and homeowners. Carefully organizing all the elements of the installation from customer commitment through construction is the prime responsibility of the TOS.
The ideal candidate would be able to perform residential and light commercial heat loss/heat gain calculations, has experience with refrigeration equipment and tools, and has experience with residential boilers of multiple fuel types. This candidate must be dedicated to further ReVision Energy’s mission to reduce fossil fuel consumption using the most efficient and robust electric heating and cooling appliances available while providing legendary customer service. They must be highly adaptable with the ability to make on-the fly decisions during the construction phase of the project.
The Thermal Operations Specialist (TOS) is responsible for leading the branch thermal departments for our (3) Southern branches. The TOS provides operational support and oversight of all ASHP projects from Commitment No Contract to Project Closeout. The TOS is directly responsible for reviewing jobs for accuracy and organize the handoff to installation crews. The TOS is the primary support resource to ASHP install crews and will collaborate with the rest of the branch Operations team as needed to provide the necessary resources for the branch thermal department. The TOS will work closely with the ASHP Project Engineer to share best practices in installation, systems design and sales support to assure our ASHP strategic plan is responding to the needs of our customers as well as the goals of ReVision Energy.
Operations technical support responsibilities:
- Act as primary installation support to on-site crews to maintain project schedules and budgets
- Job scrubbing for all ASHP projects starting at “Commitment~No Contract” phase
- Organize project handoff documents to assure a smooth Sales to Operations handoff
- Provide support to Warehouse and Procurement teams on component sourcing, stock needs and job specific palletization as needed
- Provide technical design and component recommendations to Sales representatives
- Remain up to date on available hardware, and industry best practices through industry conferences, trade groups, magazines, etc.
- Project Closeout and punch-list items
- Conduct performance evaluations for Thermal Installers with a member of the Branch Leadership Team
- Evaluates the needs of the Thermal Department(s) and with the Branch Leadership Team (BLT) develops plans for providing the necessary resources for the department. Those may include developing hiring plans and evaluating equipment needs for the installation team.
- Highly organized & can multi-task and set priorities
- Competence in design of ASHP systems including refrigeration, electrical, controls and component specification.
- Strong competence with computers including Excel, Word, e mail and web-based applications
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Good at problem solving and working with tools
- Comfortably able to lift 40lbs, climb ladders, work with tools, work in crawl spaces
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with others (customers and co-owners)
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced, community environment
- Safety – must be comfortable enforcing safety rules with everyone; including supervisors, customers, and co-workers
- Teamwork – reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish collaborative working relationships and foster a positive team environment
- High Standards – expects personal performance to be nothing short of the best
- Code of Conduct – you will be a guest at our customer’s home and are expected to act accordingly, you will sign and live up to our Code of Conduct
- Flexibility – adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes with change
- Proactivity – acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the process and procedures
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (desired but not required)
- Experience designing and/or installing Residential and light commercial split systems
- Heat loss/heat gain calculations as per Manual J
- Knowledge of Mitsubishi split systems
- Mitsubishi Diamond System Builder
- Familiar with ASHRAE 62.1 and 62.2 Ventilation Requirements
- EPA Refrigerant Recovery Certification (“Type 1” minimum)
- OSHA 10 hour
- College Degree
- Manufacturer specific certification/training