Company Name: New Beginnings-APFV (Association for the Prevention of Family Violence)
Job Title: Special Victims Advocate/Counselor
Location: Elkhorn, WI
At New Beginnings-APFV, we provide comprehensive, compassionate support and services to people affected by domestic abuse, sexual violence, stalking and human trafficking. This includes crisis intervention, legal advocacy, safety planning, individual counseling, housing advocacy, children's services, medical advocacy and information and referral to other relevant community resources.
Our goal is to build a domestic violence center in Walworth County to help serve the needs of our community.
About the Opportunity
New Beginnings-APFV seeks an experienced Special Victims Advocate/Counselor to provide services to survivors of sexual assault/abuse and promote community education and awareness.
The Special Victims Advocate/Counselor will have excellent communication and organizational skills with an ability to work with a diverse group and be a team participant.
The Special Victims Advocate/Counselor must demonstrate professionalism with sound judgement and a high degree of responsibility.
If you have excellent written and verbal skills, public speaking ability, knowledge of sexual assault and are familiar with county and community resources then the Special Victims Advocate/Counselor may be the position for you. A bilingual candidate, fluent in Spanish is preferred but not required.
Check us out at: www.newbeginningswalworth.com
- Responsible for crisis intervention counseling by phone and in person with survivors of sexual assault—primarily adults but some teens and/or parents of child victims.
- Support sexual assault victims/survivors in recovery, including case management and coordination of local support services.
- Responsible to provide appropriate direct services, including groups for adolescent sexual assault victims.
- As a backup to the Jefferson County special victims advocate, provide advocacy to UW-Whitewater students when a community advocate is requested.
- Responsible to provide advocacy services within the criminal justice system, health care, social services, W2 systems and any other relevant agency.
- Responsible for making appropriate referrals, providing information, follow up contact, assistance with crime victim compensation applications.
- Responsible to coordinate services for Spanish speaking victims with Spanish-speaking staff. If that is not available, an interpreter through SWITS may be used.
- Responsible to coordinate with the Walworth County Child Advocacy Center and respond appropriately including working as a team member on the Walworth County Multijurisdictional Team.
- Responsible to develop and implement outreach strategies to high schools and middle schools within Walworth County including delivering presentations to schools, community groups and other organizations.
- Agreement with Mission Statement and Purpose of New Beginnings-APFV.
- Master’s Degree in counseling or social work plus a bachelor’s degree in a human service filed. State certification required as a licensed professional counselor (LPC) or licensed clinical social worker (LCSW). Will consider bachelor’s level candidates as a special victim’s advocate.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience as a counselor.
- Fluency in Spanish/bilingual is not required but preferred
- Responsible to maintain required confidentiality.
- Must have transportation with liability insurance and be willing to drive for work related tasks.
- Available to work some evenings.
Interested candidates should submit a resume.
We Make it Easy
• Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
• You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
Founded in 1901, MRA is a nonprofit employer association that serves more than 4,000 employers, covering more than one million employees.
As one of the largest employer associations in the nation, MRA helps its member organizations thrive by offering the most comprehensive assortment of HR services, information, education, and resources to help build successful workplaces and a powerful workforce.
We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.