Company Name: New Beginnings - APFV
Job Title: Special Victims Advocate
Location: Whitewater, WI/Jefferson County
At New Beginnings-APFV, we provide comprehensive, compassionate support and services to people affected by domestic abuse, sexual violence, stalking and human trafficking. This includes crisis intervention, legal advocacy, safety planning, individual counseling, housing advocacy, children's services, medical advocacy and information and referral to other relevant community resources.
Our goal is to build a domestic violence center in Walworth County to help serve the needs of our community.
About the Opportunity
New Beginnings-APFV seeks an experienced Special Victims Advocate to provide services to survivors of sexual assault/abuse and promote community education and awareness.
The Special Victims Advocate will have excellent communication and organizational skills with an ability to work with a diverse group and be a team participant.
The Special Victims Advocate must demonstrate professionalism with sound judgement and a high degree of responsibility.
If you have excellent written and verbal skills, public speaking ability, knowledge of sexual assault and are familiar with county and community resources then the Special Victims Advocate may be the position for you.
Check us out at: www.newbeginningswalworth.com
- Provide crisis intervention counseling by phone and in person for adult victims of sexual assault, including college students, and their affected family members. Also provides services for child and adolescent SA survivors as a backup to the child/teen advocate.
- Evaluate a survivor’s legal, medical and housing needs and provide personal advocacy accordingly.
- Provide trauma-informed advocacy to UW-Whitewater students when a community advocate is requested to help a sexual assault survivor through a SANE exam, a Title IX investigation with the Dean of Students Office, or a law enforcement investigation, whether on campus or off.
- Schedule and coordinate follow-up services such as counseling, accompaniment to a victim interview or court proceeding, a victim impact statement, a request for restitution through the court and/or a Crime Victim Compensation application.
- Work in conjunction with the UW-Whitewater advocate to facilitate direct services at the University Health and Counseling Center. Participate actively on the Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness (SAPA) committee.
- Develop and facilitate support group sessions to assist sexual assault survivors in recovery whether the trauma is recent or dates back to childhood or both.
- Work on anti-human trafficking campaigns and efforts within Walworth and Jefferson counties.
- Develop and deliver presentations to schools, community groups and other organizations in Walworth and Jefferson counties.
- Coordinate services for Spanish-speaking clients with Spanish-speaking staff. If that is not available, an interpreter through SWITS can be hired at the agency’s expense.
- Agreement with Mission Statement and Purpose of New Beginnings-APFV.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Human Services field. Two years of professional experience required.
- Responsible to maintain required confidentiality.
- Must have transportation with liability insurance and be willing to drive for work related tasks.
- Available to work some evenings.
Interested candidates should submit a resume.
We Make it Easy
• Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
• You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
Founded in 1901, MRA is a nonprofit employer association that serves more than 4,000 employers, covering more than one million employees.
As one of the largest employer associations in the nation, MRA helps its member organizations thrive by offering the most comprehensive assortment of HR services, information, education, and resources to help build successful workplaces and a powerful workforce.
We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.