Company Name: New Beginnings - APFV (Association for the Prevention of Family Violence)
Job Title: Bilingual Crime Victim Advocate
Location: Elkhorn, WI
At New Beginnings-APFV, we provide comprehensive, compassionate support and services to people affected by domestic abuse, sexual violence, stalking and human trafficking. This includes crisis intervention, legal advocacy, safety planning, individual counseling, housing advocacy, children's services, medical advocacy and information and referral to other relevant community resources.
Our goal is to build a domestic violence center in Walworth County to help serve the needs of our community.
About the Opportunity
New Beginnings-APFV seeks an experienced Bilingual Crime Victim Advocate to provide direct services and case management to victims of domestic abuse, harassment and stalking in Walworth County with a strong focus on legal advocacy.
The Bilingual Crime Victim Advocate will have excellent communication and organizational skills with an ability to work with a diverse group and be a team participant.
The Bilingual Crime Victim Advocate must demonstrate professionalism with sound judgement and a high degree of responsibility.
If you have excellent written and verbal skills, public speaking ability, fluent in Spanish, knowledge of sexual assault and are familiar with county and community resources then the Bilingual Crime Victim Advocate may be the position for you.
Check us out at: www.newbeginningswalworth.com
- Provide crisis counseling, one-on-one support, criminal justice support, legal advocacy, medical advocacy, personal advocacy, safety planning, and information and referral about services for crime victims with a strong focus on domestic violence. Also includes sexual abuse, human trafficking, harassment and stalking.
- Answer the crisis line and assist walk-ins as a first responder to help those who seek services for domestic violence, stalking, sexual assault, harassment and human trafficking.
- Identify victims eligible for the Crime Victim Compensation fund administered by the Wisconsin Department of Justice, and explain and assist with filing of the necessary paperwork
- Coordinate services with Law Enforcement through partner agencies, such as police departments and/or the District Attorney’s Office to identify and contact victims throughout in need of services, including lifting of No Contact provisions. Review case files and track crime and victim statistics; identify trends.
- Coordinate housing options as the go-to person for information about shelters, vouchers, landlord relations, church resources, etc.
- Represent New Beginnings at public speaking engagements and other opportunities to promote awareness of grant-funded services and other help offered, reaching out to survivors as much as possible in both Spanish and English.
- Agreement with Mission Statement and Purpose of New Beginnings-APFV.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field such as social work, criminal justice, community health, etc.
- Knowledge and/or related experience with victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Proficient in Spanish.
- Responsible to maintain required confidentiality.
- Must have transportation with liability insurance and be willing to drive for work related tasks.
- Available to work some evenings.
Interested candidates should submit a resume.
We Make it Easy
• Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
• You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
Founded in 1901, MRA is a nonprofit employer association that serves more than 4,000 employers, covering more than one million employees.
As one of the largest employer associations in the nation, MRA helps its member organizations thrive by offering the most comprehensive assortment of HR services, information, education, and resources to help build successful workplaces and a powerful workforce.
We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.