- Participate to the Quality/Safety Meetings in order to address Health and safety issues.
- Review, approve and ensure that the PROJECT SAFETY PLAN is available and continuously kept up-dated on-site.
- Oversee all construction personnel concerning Health and safety matters.
- Maintain the safety records. Digitalize all safety records to the project’s files and transfer, at the end of the job, the original documents or hard copy to the ADF Group’s Head Office for archiving purposes.
- Participate to the analysis of training needs and to the development of training program related to Health and Safety. Perform training session to personnel and maintain the training log.
- Periodically check that the maintenance program is implemented and maintained.
- Inspect workplaces and workplace equipment, such as scaffolding, to ensure they meet safety regulations and to identify hazards and risks.
- Ensure dangerous materials are correctly stored.
- Record and report hazards, accidents, injuries and health issues within the workplace.
- Assist with the investigation of accidents and unsafe working conditions, study possible causes and recommend remedial action.
- Coordinate emergency procedures, mine rescues, firefighting and first aid crews.
- Ensure personal protective equipment (such as hearing protection, dust masks, safety glasses, footwear and safety helmets), is being used in workplaces according to regulations.
- Assists in the preparation of various reports, documents and forms.
- Maintain a safe job site and ensure that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA) are enforced.
- Promote the Health and Safety requirements within the organization.
- Ensure that workplaces conform with organizational procedures and safety standards.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Other related tasks and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 3-5 years experience within the safety field of construction
- MUST HAVE CHST
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Excellent attention to detail
- Understanding and knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Ability to ensure compliance with customer’s contractual requirements and ADF’s requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Critical reasoning and great judgement
- Must be able to regularly sit, walk and stand for varying lengths of time. Must be able to repetitively articulate hands, wrists etc. to operate standard office equipment; and perform those similar activities while seated as well as perform computer work for various lengths of time. Will need to be able to reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.