We're Growing!! If you are interested in a career in employee benefits and are passionate about delivering quality service, we encourage you to consider HR Works, Inc.
- Offers competitive compensation with excellent benefits package and a GREAT culture
- Best Place to Work in New York State - Our 10th Consecutive Year on the List!
- Recognized as one of the fastest growing consulting firms in the U.S.
HR Works' rapidly-growing outsourced benefits area is currently recruiting for a Leave and Benefits Coordinator to work in our East Syracuse, NY location. This role will assist clients with Leave administration and overall benefits administration for all welfare benefits. Duties also involve working directly with clients’ employees to answer questions related to leave eligibility and application, as well as benefit inquiries which include assisting with online enrollment.
- Respond to client’s HR/employee request for medical leave
- Send applicable paperwork and required forms (FMLA, State Disability and Paid Family Leave, Supplemental STD, LTD) to employees
- Answer employee inquiries on FMLA/disability
- Submit FMLA and carrier disability and family leave forms for processing
- Follow-up with carriers on the status of disability and paid family leave claims
- Update leave tracking system
- Communicate with employees on leave re: status of claims, expected return to work dates, providing updated medical documentation, etc.
- Provide status updates to clients
- Monitor leave status and follow-up as needed
- Distribute weekly leave reports to clients
- Support day-to-day benefit administration for clients as needed.
- Assist with issues related to processing benefits and HRIS data.
- Respond to employees’ inquiries related to benefit coverage, claims issues, COBRA, etc.
- Perform monthly carrier invoice reconciliation and provide summary to clients.
- Assist with annual open enrollment process for clients. Participate in employee meetings/benefit fairs and assist with online enrollment
- Assist employees with system navigation for first-time enrollments and annual Open Enrollment, reset employee passwords, etc.
- Setting up and maintaining Leave tracking records
- Offer clients recommendations on benefit compliance, trends, and best practices
- Work with carriers on new and renewed benefits relating to employee communication and delivery
Documentation & Reporting:
- Create, implement and maintain streamlined processes and written procedures.
- Track data/activities in order to prepare reporting for clients and carriers.
- Document issues and outcomes into leave tracking system.
- Work with carriers to administer employee leaves.
- Work with carriers to resolve employees’ claims issues
- Minimum of two (2) years in employee benefits or related HR experience
- Benefits administration and HRIS experience a plus
- Knowledge of benefit plans and compliance requirements
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent customer service and follow through skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to take initiative and act proactively
- Strong administrative and documentation skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve by adapting knowledge and experience
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Bachelor's degree or Associates degree or commensurate work experience will be considered
HR Works, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. HR Works, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.