$250 sign-on bonus for qualified individuals
Atlantic Constructors is seeking dynamic, motivated, career minded individuals to join our expanding team! Atlantic Constructors has been recognized as an industry leader in the Mid-Atlantic Region for over 50 years.
Job Title: Carpenter Helper
Reports to: Civil Foreman
Assist journeyman in assorted carpentry related projects in an operating industrial plant setting.
- Help measure, cut, and install various materials
- Designs, Builds, and Installs items of various materials
- Repairs, replaces, modifies, and installs existing items and aspects including cabinets, countertops, shelving, fixtures, ect.
- Maintains integrity of facility infrastructure with respect to carpentry by repairing and/or modifying items
- Assist with concrete projects
- Follow Atlantic, OSHA, and Plants safety guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibility: No
- 1+ years of experience in construction; or equivalent combination of vocational training and experience
- Proficient mathematical skills to carry out accurate measurements
- Must have the appropriate tools of the trade (apron, hammer, 25’ tape, speed square, 12’ adjustable wrench, and utility knife)
- Must be able to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, follow written and oral instructions, show attention to detail, and demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Must be able to pass post-offer pre-employment drug screen, and may be required to satisfactorily complete additional background checks as required (i.e. DMV, criminal history)
- Must adhere to all company policy and procedures
- Must be available, and have the means to report to multiple job sites as assigned, to include working varying schedules that may require extended hours (evenings, weekends and holidays) and require client-specific safety standards
The work environment and physical demands required would be representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, and may include, but are not limited to the following:
- May work in varying temperatures; both inside and outside, including inclement weather, heat, humidity, cold and dampness
- May be required to use hearing protection in and around areas with moderate/high exposure to high noise levels
- May be required to use respiratory protection when working in areas with fumes, or airborne particles including dust
- May be required to work in confined spaces or at heights
- This role routinely uses construction equipment such as heavy machinery, hand and power tools
- While performing duties of the job the employee may work aloft, climb, bend, pull, reach overhead, stand/walk for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to correctly identify all colors of a color-coded cable/wires and see close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus
- May require travel (typically not overnight)
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Prior military experience
- HS diploma or GED equivalent
Atlantic Constructors offers competitive benefits, for more information check out our comprehensive list on our website.