Franz Witte (rhymes with “Bronze Kitty”) is on a mission to beautify, enhance, and preserve Idaho’s outdoor living spaces — and you can be a part of that cause.
Established in 1971, the company bears the name of its founder, Franz Witte, Jr. His legacy of designing and building high end residential landscapes earned the reputation of quality, reliability, and exceptional artistry. 50 years later, we remain one of the top names in the Treasure Valley for landscaping, landscape maintenance, and retail garden supply. With nearly 150 employees and two locations, we’ve preserved Franz’ legacy while staying ahead of our clients’ needs in an ever changing world.
Franz Witte is unique in that we service the entire landscaping vertical market (garden retail, design & construction, and maintenance). Each department addresses our customers’ different sets of needs:
Shoppers come here to be inspired. Our inventory is hand-selected from regional growers and home & garden suppliers, and our staff is knowledgeable in Idaho horticulture. When customers seek guidance, we offer a listening ear and personalized recommendations. It’s our employees who help them feel empowered to take on their project, and confident that they will succeed.
Homeowners and general contractors depend on subcontractors to do quality work, on time and on budget. Our entire team, from sales and design, to production, foremen, and laborers are all solution oriented. We prioritize both the client’s vision, and the long-term success of the project. And so our reputation is well earned; and it starts with our people. Come join the team that takes the most pride in building Idaho’s finest communities.
Every HOA resident who takes a walk or drive through their neighborhood should experience the joy of nature. Every tenant or guest of a commercial campus deserves clean grounds, healthy looking plants, and an inviting space to work or commute. Behind the scenes to make it happen are the HOA reps and property managers who rely on a relationship with contractors like us. Franz Witte listens to our clients and stays ahead of their concerns — making their lives easier. Our employees maintain those relationships, as well as the properties, that bring joy to so many people in the Treasure Valley.
If you’re purpose-driven, a team player, and want to make a difference, apply to become part of the flamingo team!
We are seeking an experienced irrigation tech to join our maintenance team. Candidates must be comfortable interacting with clients (homeowners) directly, as well as working with irrigation foremen and account managers to meet client needs. As a residential irrigation technician, detail-focused work and a customer service driven attitude will be required.
This position will be part of a supportive team working to provide the highest quality service to our clients and to foster growth and success in each other.
What You’ll Do:
● Service and repair irrigation systems as directed by clients, Irrigation Foreman, and Account Managers. Assist with start-up and winterization of irrigation systems
● Program irrigation clocks and monitor site conditions regularly
● Troubleshoot irrigation issues, make recommendations and estimates to clients
● Accurately track time and material for repairs
● Execute irrigation work related to repairs and maintenance
● Maintain timely work attendance, safety meetings, and training
● Snow removal
● Other duties as assigned
Skills We’re Seeking:
● Good English and communication skills with crew and clients
● Track time accurately and timely by project, based on tasks and budgets
● Proficiency in operating all equipment and tools used on jobsite
● Basic knowledge of landscape installation and maintenance
● Valid driver’s license
● Knowledgeable in wire tracing and troubleshooting of conventional and 2-wire
● Be able to lift 50lbs and work outside in all 4 seasons
● Work 10+ hrs. a day Monday-Friday with Saturdays as the season requires
● Able to take instruction and work safely as a team
● Dependable, enthusiastic, and willing to learn and work hard
Wage DOE - $19 - $23 per hour plus overtime
All employees are subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.