MOXIE is seeking to hire a motivated and enthusiastic Service Technician.
The dynamic pace of our company requires its employees to innovate daily. Adaptability and the capacity to respond to rapidly changing business needs is critical. The ideal candidate will be ready to “Moxie Up” and take on the challenges of a renewable energy future as part of the MOXIE team.
This position entails servicing solar arrays after installation. This includes troubleshooting both remotely and on-site, and making necessary corrections to ensure a fully functional solar array.
Because solar is a new and growing industry, we know many do not have previous solar experience. MOXIE will provide paid, on-the-job training. This will include both working with other service technicians, and various certifications through the vendors whose products we install.
Our Customer Care Advocates handle the scheduling with the customers, allowing the Service Technicians to focus solely on servicing the solar system and ensuring a great customer experience.
MOXIE is a rapidly growing company, and because of that, there are many opportunities for growth and advancement within the company.
- Troubleshoot and determine the proper solution for an existing system. This includes but is not limited to installing and/or troubleshooting inverters, troubleshooting and/or changing optimizers or microinverters, and lifting up solar panels off the roof
- Set up monitoring for PV system
- Adhering to the daily service schedule of on-site troubleshooting and commissioning, as per customer availability, and build a positive relationship with the customer
- Perform regular maintenance on installed systems, as necessary
- Attend essential inspection and utility commissioning
- Ensure customer satisfaction with warranty and troubleshooting work
- Thoroughly document all work performed for every project
- Stay current with industry knowledge, troubleshooting and maintenance procedures
- Participate in continuing education opportunities
- Conduct site assessments for future installs when necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work independently
- Willing to work on roofs when required
- Good with people and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, flexible and adaptable to changes in planned schedule
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Ability to read and understand construction plans
- Ability to lift / carry up to 50lbs
- Willing to travel to various job sites
- Have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
Compensation for this position is $16.00 - $20.00 per hour, with additional consideration based on skills and prior experience. Regular reviews and raises are awarded based on tenure and performance with increases far above industry standard.
MOXIE offers outstanding health benefits, paid holidays, paid time off, retirement plan with 3% company match after one year of service, at-cost solar installation for your home, and company-paid professional development opportunities.
MOXIE is the Midwest’s premier solar and energy savings company. We offer custom start-to-finish solutions for our commercial, agricultural and residential customers. MOXIE was ranked the #1, #2, #3, and #5 fastest growing company in the corridor in the last four consecutive years. MOXIE also placed nationally on the INC 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list and Solar Power World's 2018, 2019 and 2020 Top Solar Contractors lists. The company continues to grow at an impressive trajectory by offering an unparalleled standard of excellence to both its customers and employees. Our mission at MOXIE is to obsessively lead the change to a sustainable world.