MOXIE is seeking to hire a motivated and enthusiastic Service Technician.
The dynamic pace of our company requires its employees to innovate daily. Adaptability and the capacity to respond to rapidly changing business needs is critical. The ideal candidate will be ready to “Moxie Up” and take on the challenges of a renewable energy future as part of the MOXIE team.
A qualified applicant will be motivated to work in a fast paced entrepreneurial setting, and be passionate about green energy and other environmental causes.
In our rapidly growing company, there may be opportunities for upward mobility within the organization.
- Troubleshoot and determine proper solution for an existing system. This includes but is not limited to installing and/or troubleshooting inverters, troubleshooting and/or changing optimizers or microinverters, and lifting up solar panels off the roof
- Set up monitoring for PV system
- Adhering to the daily service schedule of on-site troubleshooting and commissioning, as per customer availability, and build a positive relationship with the customer
- Perform regular maintenance on installed systems, as necessary
- Attend essential inspection and utility commissioning
- Ensure customer satisfaction with warranty and troubleshooting work
- Thoroughly document all work performed for every project
- Stay current with industry knowledge, troubleshooting and maintenance procedures
- Participate in company-mandated continuing education opportunities
- Conduct site assessments for future installs when necessary
- Familiarity and experience with various communication devices (Zigbee’s, cellular kits, Cat5/6, etc.) utilized for monitoring in the solar industry
- Familiarity with Solar Edge, Enphase, and Solectria PV systems is desired
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work independently
- Willing to work on roofs when required
- Good with people and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, flexible and adaptable to changes in planned schedule
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Ability to read and understand construction plans
- Ability to lift / carry up to 50lbs
- Willing to travel to various job sites
- Have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
Compensation for this position is $16.00 - $19.00 per hour, with additional consideration based on skills and prior experience. Regular reviews and raises are awarded based on tenure and performance with increases far above industry standard.
MOXIE offers outstanding health benefits, paid holidays, paid time off, retirement plan with 3% company match after one year of service, at-cost solar installation for your home, and company-paid professional development opportunities.
MOXIE is the Midwest’s premier solar and energy savings company. We offer custom start-to-finish solutions for our commercial, agricultural and residential customers. MOXIE was ranked the #1, #2, #3, and #5 fastest growing company in the corridor in the last four consecutive years. MOXIE also placed nationally on the INC 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list and Solar Power World's 2018 Top Solar Contractors list. The company continues to grow at an impressive trajectory by offering an unparalleled standard of excellence to both its customers and employees. Our mission at MOXIE is to obsessively lead the change to a sustainable world.