Fire Sprinkler Inspector
3-D is a division of Delta Fire Systems. Delta was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 180 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
We are headquartered in Salt Lake City, but have a total of seven office locations to serve a huge part of the intermountain area, including the Salt Lake Valley and southern Utah, Reno and northwest Nevada, and southern Idaho.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, carbon dioxide and other clean agent and special hazard systems.
Delta Fire is committed to customer satisfaction and cutting edge technology, and we work hard to service our customers’ systems safely and quickly. We have an incredible safety record, and also believe in using sustainable business practices to improve and protect our environment.
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
The Sprinkler Inspector’s duties include testing and inspection of fire sprinkler systems with knowledge of multiple manufacturers’ products. We have a need for a self-motivated, customer service-oriented Inspectors with strong written and verbal communication skills. The Inspector will provide accurate and detailed inspections reports with all proper documentation of improvements and complications.
This position is located in Idaho Falls, ID. Applicants outside of this area must be willing to relocate.
- Perform routine inspections and testing of life safety product lines
- Responsible for operating with minimal supervision while performing fire protection inspections
- Performance of daily, weekly, monthly, and/or annual inspections and preventative maintenance on various sized fire extinguishers
- Repair, replace, fill, and tag all fire extinguishers
- Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements, and general status of job
- Work with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (Confirm that work is completed so it can be billed in full)
- NICET Level II or III preferred
- Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes
- Possess the required license for the local office is preferred
- Working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices, and critical components
- Willing to perform testing and maintenance
- Able to complete documentation as necessary; proficient in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing to coordinate between inspection deficiencies and service required to correct found deficiencies
- Prepared to read and write English clearly
- Capability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction), and the general public
- Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to pass post-offer drug screen, background, and reference check
All qualified applicants with Delta Fire Systems, Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor