Established in 1988, Kerr Contractors is a leading heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Woodburn, Oregon. Kerr Contractors is recognized as one of the most technically advanced earth-moving, road building, and underground utility contractors in the region. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, the workmanship that has enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these. And we are looking for GPS Grade Control Technician.
The GPS Grade Control Technician will inventory equipment installs, and services Topcon Machine controls on Heavy Equipment.
- Install hardware and update the software on new and existing heavy equipment.
- Troubleshoot complex installation issues to improve machine performance.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Schedule work with the Field Operations
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Kerr values
Qualifications for GPS Grade Control Technician:
- High School education with related training and or equivalent work experience
- Hydraulics and Electronics aptitude. Troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems will be required.
- Mechanical and Technical abilities required
- Intermediate knowledge of computers
- Physically capable of climbing onto large equipment and lift- up to 75 pounds.
- Installs will be outside in the elements (rain, cold, heat)
- Required Travel, fluctuates depending on business requirements subject to change at any time
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Willingness to learn/fly Drone for construction use.
- Have or willing to get drone license Part 107
- Competitive Wages
- Community Involvement
- Team Building Events
- Annual Company Events
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
As an equal opportunity employer, Kerr Contractors will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Kerr Contractors also enforces a zero-tolerance drug policy.