Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent Care & Medical Care)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Tuition Assistance
Balfour Beatty Infrastructure is seeking a Project Business Manager in San Mateo, CA. The ideal candidate will manage and monitor job costs and analyze versus budgeted amounts for a construction project. Assure that all billable costs and change orders are handled properly and prepare financial reports to assure maximum profitability on our jobs.
- Assemble and organize budget and cost data, develop analyses, monitor job costs and variances.
- Assure that all billable costs and change orders are handled properly to assure maximum profitability on our jobs.
- Manage all invoices so they are proper, certified by the owner, and that all billable costs are invoiced.
- Review the job costing system to ensure all costs are properly recorded, and comparison of estimated to actual costs are communicated to the appropriate management personnel.
- Work with Project Manager, Controller and others to assure profitability. This will be accomplished by providing up to date financial information and project status profitability reports and helping the Project Manager develop Key Performance Indicator (KPI) analyses as the job progresses in order to monitor key tasks and milestones.
- Develop and prepare reports that compare actual results to plan and provide accurate information to operations management, accounting management and cost planning to provide a sound quantitative basis for management decisions.
- Organize and assemble cost data, develop analyses and present cost information to management in such a manner that it is useful for decision-making purposes.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for projects and other work pertaining to costs and service activities.
- Undertake assigned special projects and cost analyses as specified by Project Manager or Controller.
- Enter project estimates into Project Management Cost Tracking Software Programs.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the project office.
Professional and educational requirements may include:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting or a related field.
- At least 2 years of construction cost accounting experience or equivalent combinations of training/experience.
- Previous experience with budget analysis.
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards cost accounting software.
- Knowledge of construction/rail technology.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.