The Comfort Group, Inc. is seeking an experienced BIM Manager to work full time in our Nashville office. The Comfort Group is a Mechanical Contracting Company that has been in business for over 50 years. We are headquartered in Nashville, TN and have an office in Huntsville, AL. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.thecomfortgroup.com.
The BIM Manager is responsible for managing BIM processes, standards, BIM techs by performing the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, maintain, develop and enforce use of all BIM standards, schedules, families, etc. by ensuring clear and concise use, efficiency and communication of project goals.
- Develop strategy for BIM integration into designs though defining process.
- Create and manage a library of team lessons learned.
- Anticipate and respond to potential issues and opportunities.
- Ensure our documents conform to client standards.
- Review models for adherence to standards and cleanliness.
- Manage software and licenses. Keep up with industry improvements to BIM.
- Recommend and implement updates and improve tools and features.
- Training: Define and organize, a training schedule and conduct a regular training for staff with all levels of experience. This includes training in using the CAD department effectively.
- Review and provide input on project proposals.
- Develop an understanding of the client’s needs for the project and work with project managers and the leadership team.
- Collaborate and be involved in all jobs by being a resource for project managers. This includes managing project schedules, prioritizing work, managing level of detail, supporting project proposals, and checking models to ensure internal and external processes and standards are met.
- Create a project process for BIM, including a project workflow that can be applied and modified to fit each unique project. Attend internal kick-off meetings and be responsible for implementation and organization by advising the BIM execution plan and workflow.
- Oversee project setup for all BIM projects.
- Define and create a quality assurance (QA) program for engineering production and perform quality control reviews to ensure accuracy and efficiency for all models.
- Maintain basic knowledge of BIM principles for projects using HVAC, plumbing and fire protection standards.
- Facilitate and foster creativity and buy-in for BIM program and our long-term vision. This includes implementing improvements and encouraging efficiency, leading monthly meetings of users, working individually with users to enhance efficiency and foster buy-in for BIM program and protocols, and creating and customizing job families.
- Create, own, and execute a continuous improvement plan for templates and tools based on needs identified through and driven by individual projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university in relevant field preferred, and/or 3 to 5 plus years related management experience and/or training.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Demonstrate knowledge pertaining to HVAC, plumbing and fire protection.
- Experience to apply, maintain, and enforce current Revit/BIM standards
- Training and presenting experience preferred
- Interpersonal relations and professionalism
- Time management
- Ability to work alone and in a teamwork environment; willing to help team when needed
- Ability to take and provide constructive criticism
This position offers a competitive compensation package.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefit
- Disability Insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Training opportunities
- 401k with company matching
- Partial tuition reimbursement