Reliance Fire Protection, Inc. is a full-service fire protection contractor with complete design, installation, inspection, testing and maintenance capability that has been in business for over 25 years and offers a challenging work environment.
Reliance Fire Protection, Inc. is seeking qualified applicants for the Local #669 Sprinkler Fitter Apprenticeship program in the Washington, DC area. This is a 5-year apprenticeship program working side-by-side with a journeyman sprinkler fitter installing automatic fire protection systems. Apprentices are required to join Local #669 and complete on the job training and a 5-year correspondence course towards becoming a journeyman sprinkler fitter. *Please note that a Washington, DC residence is required.
- Apprentices will complete on the job training by working with a journeyman sprinkler fitter installing automatic fire protection systems
- Successful completion of the necessary courses to obtain journeyman status as directed by the JATC
- At least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, criminal background check, motor vehicle record check and reference checks
- Problem solving skills
- Strong mechanical background preferred
- Ability to coordinate and work well with others
- Proven ability and track record of performing work in a timely manner and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced construction environment
- Resides in Washington, DC
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Industrial, Commercial, & Residential building environments with moderate to high noise levels, and comfort with working at heights
- Mostly a physically demanding role. Majority of the daily demand is standing and walking stairs and climbing ladders
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
LIMITATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran