Mears Construction, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Construction, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
CDL-A Dump Truck Driver
Ability to perform routine manual and semi-skilled work in the underground construction industry. Responsible for the equipment used in their day to day operations. This position may operate a variety of hand and power tools.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Transporting finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants
- Inspecting vehicles for mechanical items and perform preventative maintenance
- Planning routes and meeting delivery schedules
- Document and log work periods
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations and well as the company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Other duties as required
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Must possess a CDL-A
- Require a High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to drive long hours
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Adaptability to handle unexpected situations such as: traffic and weather conditions
The position lifts heavy objects, walks and sits for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Will be lifting, pushing, pulling or carries heavy objects; using abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support. Must have good manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination and balance. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.