Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent Care & Medical Care)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Tuition Assistance
Balfour Beatty, currently undertaking the $1B+ Caltrain Electrification Project in San Mateo, CA are seeking a Project Business Manager to join the team. Estimated completion of the project is 2024. The project consists of electrifying a Caltrain 56-mile corridor, from San Francisco to San Jose; with construction of overhead catenary systems, substations, track and rolling stock.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience and knowledge of project financials including oversight of cost accounting, project billing, craft payroll/labor unions, owner interaction and reporting financial results to senior management. This position manages the efforts of seven staff employees and oversees the relationship with the owner and key stakeholders.
- Develop and prepare reports that compare actual results to plan and provide accurate information to operations management, accounting management, key stakeholders and owner.
- Work with Project Manager, Controller and others to assure profitability. This will be accomplished by providing up to date financial information and project status profitability reports and helping the Project Manager develop Key Performance Indicator (KPI) analysis as the job progresses in order to monitor key tasks and milestones.
- Assemble and organize budget and cost data, develop analysis, monitor job costs and variances.
- Assure that all billable costs and change orders are handled properly to assure maximum profitability and that all billable costs are invoiced.
- Manage day-to-day operation of the project office including management of several direct reports.
- Perform other duties as required.
Professional and educational requirements may include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum 7 years of accounting experience or equivalent combinations of training/experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years of cost accounting experience required.
- Experience with Percentage of Completion (POC) reports required.
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards cost accounting software.
- Experience with labor union craft payroll.
- Knowledge of construction/rail technology a plus.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.