AmeriCorps Administrative Specialist
Reading Partners is changing the education landscape. We are a leader in working to solve the literacy crisis in our country by leveraging community volunteers in under-resourced schools. Our diverse and expansive volunteer base provides one-on-one tutoring to students twice weekly, and our program is proven to help children master the reading fundamentals they need to unlock their potential as successful, happy and confident readers in school and in life. Our people are our heartbeat and our greatest resource; we are all passionately rallied around our mission to help children become lifelong learners by empowering communities to provide individualized instruction that works. Join our stellar team leading the charge to deepen our impact and expand our service. Watch this video to learn more about Reading Partners.
The High Level
Reading Partners’ AmeriCorps Administrative Specialist, is part of the national AmeriCorps team. The AmeriCorps team acts as a catalyst for people to bring their best selves to Reading Partners’ students, communities, and teammates. This role supports all administrative functions of the AmeriCorps team and is also tasked with supporting the work of the ACHR Associate during peak Offboarding and Onboarding periods. This role is an opportunity to foster relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, alongside with the larger AmeriCorps Team. The role is fully dedicated to supporting AC/VISTA members and managers, is goal and detail-oriented, and focuses on operational work, strategy, and execution.
What you’ll do:
Support AmeriCorps compliance work:
- Execute AC Member verification and background checks in line with AC and RP legal policies and procedures.
- Support ACHR Associate to compile, maintain and audit all AC member files, ensuring accurate and compliant personnel records for AC grant audits.
- Communicate with regions around compliance timelines, expectations and needs.
- Support Reading Partners in maintaining original records and back-up for the reports/numbers/data you submit to CNCS under the demographics/outputs/outcomes/PM sections of the grant progress reports.
- Support offboarding and onboarding AmeriCorps members within grant determined deadlines and ensure appropriate documentation is maintained.
Support all administrative functions for Reading Partners AmeriCorps members nationwide.
- Work with the ACHR Associate to enter and maintain data for all AC members and other internal and AC based reporting systems, ensuring accurate and compliant personnel records.
- Support all benefits processes for Reading Partners’ AC members, including enrollments, terminations, change reporting, claims resolution, and leaves.
Support with additional team functions, as needed, including identification and execution of special projects related to departmental priorities and goals.
How you’ll do it:
Drive for Results:
- Demonstrated aptitude for creating and completing projects quickly and accurately in the face of challenging environments. Strong ability to prioritize, streamline, and design scalable systems. High degree of comfort and hunger in developing innovative new systems to streamline departmental operations.
- Ability to cultivate and leverage strong relationships both locally and remotely. Proven track record in providing great client service experiences, solving problems and communicating effectively with all internal and external stakeholders. Develop close partnerships with Payroll Specialist, all members of AC team, Talent team, and regional stakeholders to provide top tier service for Reading Partners staff and AC/V Members.
- Strong skill set in effectively leading an initiative with many stakeholders to fruition in a timely manner. Ability to motivate people with competing priorities toward a goal. Ability to take personal initiative and execute on key priorities.
- A passion for details, collaboration and working with others and independently to problem solve. Ability to execute details quickly and to communicate effectively to a wide group of stakeholders. Professional organization and prioritization skills - can take a list of tasks and get them done.
- Strong aptitude for effective communication remotely and in person with internal and external partnerships. Ability to set up successful systems for communication and messaging, tailor communication to audiences, and break down complex topics for a variety of audiences. High competency with written communication.
- Maintains a strong sense of calm during peak periods. Ability to rally others to achieve organizational goals. Strong ability to assess and address sensitive situations. A sense of humor.
Along with exhibiting the competencies above, you’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Demonstrated experience with high volume, fast-paced operations, office management, or executive support role
- Are interested in a role that is multi-faceted, cross-functional, and highly dynamic
- Are adept at learning new technology platforms quickly and efficiently
- Takes initiative - both independently and in a team setting
- Are flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Have demonstrated success in customer service, office management, or related operations role
- Have a strong commitment to service and support of all internal teammates and stakeholders
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Boast a deep belief in our mission
- Root your work in our core values
- Can prove eligibility to work in the US legally
Bonus Points if you:
- Are an AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, or other national service alum/alumna
What we offer:
Reading Partners offers the full package – a great place to work and the opportunity to have a glowing and growing career.
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. This is a part-time (up to 24 hours a week), non-exempt, hourly position. The position starts July 16 and will end October 15.
- We offer an exciting and dynamic culture, and we commit to investing in and supporting our amazing people to grow their careers with us.
The other stuff you need to know:
- Travel: This position is remote and must be located with one of our current states of operation.
- Typical Physical & Mental Demands: Requires prolonged sitting with some bending, stooping and stretching, eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone, photocopier, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to communicate with AmeriCorps Members and staff. Also requires flexibility to readily adapt to a changing environment.
If you’re interested in joining our Reading Partners team, please submit the following application materials to our online job posting:
- A cover letter describing your interest in Reading Partners and how your past experience has prepared you for this role.