Damuth Trane (Voted as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for 2020) is seeking a HVAC Apprentice for our Peninsula and Southside Service Teams.
**Damuth Trane has provided comfort solutions for commercial, industrial, educational, government, and healthcare facilities since 1970. As the local Trane franchise, Damuth Trane represents a full line of HVAC equipment, service, controls and parts. Damuth Trane has been honored as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia since 2011.
Normal Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
Job Type: Full-Time
This position is for a dynamic 4-year program of full time HVAC work plus classroom training. The apprentice shall be a full-time associate of Damuth Trane, with a minimum program requirement of 35 hours per week. Additionally, apprentice will be required to enroll in an approved HVAC/R program comprised of a 4-year, one class per semester, approved HVAC course.
From day one the apprentice will be a fulltime Damuth associate; this means the apprentice is paid while getting on the job training. This is an excellent way to jump-start your career in HVAC without the cost or debt associated with many trade schools and you become an employee on day one of the program. This eliminates the risk of paying for training and then having to find employment in the trade. At the conclusion of the program, the associate will be ready to sit for their Journeyman’s Test for the State of Virginia.
All applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening, background check and must have a clean driving record. We offer outstanding compensation and company benefits including major medical, vision, dental, 401K, paid vacation, paid holidays and upon successful completion of the program, a company service van.
Salary: $14.00 to $18.00/hour
What you'll do:
Learn how to service, repair, replace, and retrofit mechanical equipment and ductwork for commercial HVAC projects. You will start on smaller, light commercial HVAC products, and from there grow into more complex equipment.
Typical projects include service, maintenance, and retrofitting services for rooftop units, heat pumps, DX systems, chillers, cooling towers, commercial boilers, pneumatic and electrical control systems.
What we're looking for:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some knowledge of HVAC industry coupled with a willingness and desire to learn more.
- Ability to complete HVAC trade school (optional tuition reimbursement based on grades).
- OSHA 10 hour training (company will provide, if needed).
- Understanding of basic construction/shop math.
- Ability to work easily and skillfully with hands.
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal diplomatically with coworkers and other tradespeople.
- Maintain a positive attitude and willing to work in a team environment.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Experience with hand held tools and/or manufacturing machinery.
- Ability to pass a full background screening and drug screening.
- Ability to pass a physical ability test.
- Ability to prove U.S. Employment eligibility.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule (including weekend projects, as needed).
- Good driving record, including no DUI’s in the last 7 years.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- This position requires working outdoors; on rooftops, in mechanical/equipment rooms and possible extreme weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment.
- The associate is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock (high voltage); and vibration.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- This position may require the incumbent to work at healthcare facilities, K-12 and higher educational facilities, military installations, industrial facilities, and/or commercial office buildings.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and climb ladders.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance (Company Paid), Paid Time Off (Sick and Vacation Time), Short and Long Term Disability (Company Paid), Maternity and Paternity Leave, Jury Duty Pay, Bereavement Leave, 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan
How to Apply
Go to the following website and apply online: http://www.damuth.com/careers/
Please note that applications and resumes are accepted online only.
Damuth Trane is an at-will employer; employed associates and Damuth Trane are free to end the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice or cause.
EOE including Disability/Vets, Drug Free Workplace
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.