Established in 1994, Crestline Construction Company, LLC is a heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in The Dalles, Oregon. We are proud to call the Columbia River Gorge both our home and our project area. It has been an honor to be part of and contributor to the hard-working economy of the small towns in this agricultural and increasingly industrial region for over two decades. Our reputation for superior workmanship and performance is built on trust, safety, consistency, employee loyalty and a commitment to the local environment and economy.
Under the general supervision of the Shop Manager, performs maintenance, repairs and modifications of vehicles, heavy equipment and tools.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrives at job site(s) or shop on-time and ready to work.
- Services vehicles and equipment as needed to maintain and increase the functional value of assets to the company.
- Repairs vehicles, equipment and tools to ensure a prompt return to service.
- Performs tests, troubleshooting and diagnostic procedures to determine the cause of failure and appropriate measures for repair or service.
- Performs welding, machining, grinding, and other shop operations to facilitate service and repairs. Performs similar operations in the field as needed.
- Operates equipment, vehicles, tools to determine operating condition or service needs.
- Performs repair and service work on brake systems, fuel systems, electrical components, chassis, suspension, operator controls, gauges, etc. as needed to return equipment to safe operating condition.
- Travels as needed to job sites to perform service and repairs.
- Operates vehicles and equipment as needed to complete troubleshooting and diagnostic functions.
- Schedules work in conjunction with the Foreman and other mechanics to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Ability to diagnose, repair and troubleshoot heavy equipment, diesel engines, brake systems, drive systems, hydraulic systems and electrical systems.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on all equipment.
- Take meter and fuel system readings.
- Assists others in shop or field operations as requested.
- Completes inspection checklists, reviews maintenance logs and performs other administrative duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 3 years experience preferred
- Must have own tools
- Clean driving record
- Ability to work on all types of equipment including preventative maintenance, repair, welding, and cutting
- Commercial Driver's License is preferred
- Competitive Wage
- PTO and Holidays
- Community Involvement
- Team Building Events
- Company Training's & Events
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
Crestline Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer – we will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status or disability.
CRESTLINE CONSTRUCTION COMPANY ENFORCES A ZERO TOLERANCE DRUG POLICY.