About Discovery Senior Living
Discovery Senior Living is a family of companies which includes: Discovery Management Group, Discovery Development Group, Discovery Design Concepts, Discovery Realty Group, Discovery Marketing Group, and Discovery At Home, a Medicare-certified home healthcare company. With almost three decades of experience, the award-winning management group has been developing, building, marketing, and operating upscale, luxury senior-living communities across the United States. With a flourishing portfolio of more than 9,500 existing home or homes under development, Discovery Senior Living has become a recognized industry leader in creating world-class, resort-style communities.
Discovery Senior Living is hiring for a Fitcamp Coach at our luxury community here at The Country Club at Woodland Hills.
The Fitcamp Coach will oversee the Fitcamp program for the community. Responsible for creating an interactive and engaging fitness and wellness experience for residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implement wellness programs to include various levels of resident capabilities and interests and ensuring that all dimensions of wellness are incorporated.
- Teaches residents the correct use of the HUR equipment (using smart card technology) aerobic equipment, balance exercises as well as the Fitcamp stretches.
- Understands correct steps and member feedback for the balance training.
- Provides each member with a customized workout.
- Guides residents through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd exercise sessions as outlined in the Fitness Coach training.
- Instructs residents about resistance exercise protocols, as well as completing the procedure for individually setting the appropriate load for the residents during the orientation workout.
- Trains residents to use the proper stretching technique.
- Provides ongoing coaching of residents during workout routine to ensure safety, proper positioning and technique and promote continued progress in strength, balance and endurance.
- Plans and carriers out educational activities to support fitness programs.
- Administers resident satisfaction surveys per guidelines.
- Monitors resident participation and contacts them if attendance wanes.
- Participates in marketing events.
- Manages resident concerns or questions related to the program.
- Provide operations summary report to Executive Director on a monthly basis.
- Participates in ongoing fitness and wellness learning programs.
- Provides ongoing guidance for residents with regard to their fitness goals and use of equipment.
- Reviews resident comparison reports and provides feedback based on results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certified Personal Trainer by governing body.
- Associate degree in Recreation, Therapeutic Recreation preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in strength training, aerobic exercise, balance and stretching.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.