ReVision Energy was founded in 2003 by two solar geeks in a garage and has grown to over 250 employee-owners spread across their physical locations in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts. As a 100% employee-owned company, ReVision Energy is on a mission to accelerate New England’s transition from fossil fuels to a solar powered economy, inclusive of a wide range tools to mitigate the climate crisis including solar panels, battery backup, electric vehicle infrastructure, heat pumps, and water heating equipment.
ReVision Energy is a Certified B Corporation (recipient of "Best for the World" honor in 2019), ranked as NECEC’s Clean Energy Company of the Year, has held #1 rooftop solar installer distinction from Solar Power World for 3 years, and has completed over 8,000 solar projects in the region. ReVision is also part of the AMICUS solar cooperative, a coalition of values-driven, independently-owned solar companies with 50+ members throughout North America.
ReVision Energy is seeking an experienced, hands-on IT self-starter and visionary who is passionate about utilizing technology for social and environmental good. The ideal candidate is adept at managing systems, vendors, and people, and will be expected to manage our IT infrastructure and collaborate with our IT applications team to deliver a cohesive set of technological tools that meet our business needs.
Our ideal candidate will be based in our South Portland Maine location or will be able to travel to South Portland 2-3 times a week. Some travel to other locations may be required. Salary is negotiable based on experience and starting at $60K.
ReVision Energy executive board (known as Sequoia)
Role and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Collaborate with the Technology Leadership team and other key stakeholders across the company to establish strategic IT priorities & budget
- Develop & maintain company-wide IT policies and procedures (for IT staff, vendors, and end users)
- Manage relationships with external IT vendors and contractors
- Maintain & document essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware (including Office 365 & Active Directory environments)
- Oversee development & dissemination of internal IT training resources
- Set up IT hardware & credentials for employees based on established procedures
- Manage and assess external “Tier 1” (domestic) support desk and ensure they are up-to-date on internal systems and processes
- Serve as escalation point for infrastructure, server, and Office 365-related issues
- Develop, test, and execute disaster procedures, and maintain data backups
- Manage cloud-based phone system and corporate cell phone plan
Qualifications & Skills (required):
- 3-5 years of experience in an IT systems-related field with experience leading people
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent certifications and experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows-based computer systems, security, network and systems administration, and phone systems
- Experience working in a primarily cloud- and SaaS-based IT environment
- Strong critical thinking, decision-making and project management skills, with a strong ability to prioritize