Due to the COVID-19 health crisis, the initial interviews for this job opening will be conducted via video or phone, follow by in-person interview. The hiring process may be delayed during this time.
Wharton-Smith, Inc is currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager with Senior Living experience for our Corporate Office. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall performance of the project(s) from the estimating/preconstruction phase to successful completion including safety, owner satisfaction, cost, schedule and quality control.
- Produce Project leads for the Senior Living Market Segment.
- Build strong relationships with clients/owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Ensure they will want to renew the construction experience with Wharton-Smith (Doer/Seller Model).
- Maintain a positive image of the company with clients, vendors, subcontractors, and team members.
- Set up and maintain project cost accounting.
- Develop and maintain job schedule for the project.
- Partner with Preconstruction Services regarding value engineering/constructability, soliciting bidders, estimating assistance and generating proposals.
- Develop a Schedule of Values and generate monthly payment applications.
- Negotiate major subcontractor agreements and equipment/material purchase orders.
- Facilitate subcontractor and owner coordination/progress meeting and document meeting minutes.
- Review and approve subcontractor pay applications and vendor invoices.
- Track and evaluate subcontractor change management.
- Monitor the submittal, shop drawing, and purchase order process to insure accurate and timely delivery of equipment and materials.
- Manage execution of contracts, bonds, insurance certificates, contract compliance, and warranties.
- Monitor budgets, schedules, cost reports and job progress and review with Superintendent on a weekly basis.
- Visit jobsites on a regular basis to review effectiveness of site supervision, job progress, production planning boards, quality of work and safety on the job.
- Manage change orders, extra work orders, disputed claims, with owner and owner’s representatives to a successful conclusion.
- Resolve major disputes with vendors and subcontractors.
- Manage startup and commissioning of facility, where applicable.
- Provide owner training to the end user and turn-over contract close-out deliverables.
- Review and report project financial information, performance and any major conflicts to be resolved with Division Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Building Construction, Construction Management, or Construction Engineering.
- Three to five years’ experience as a Senior Project Manager in Commercial Construction overseeing multiple projects simultaneously or single project(s) at or exceeding $15 million plus.
- Must have Senior Living (Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care Facilities and/or 55+ Communities) experience.
- Strong skills in Business Development and Client Relationships.
- Organization, management and communication skills a must.
- Good documentation skills.
- Computer application experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Primavera Project Planning (P6).
- Contract Manager Software (PMIS) experience a plus.
Job seekers should be aware of potential job scams. Wharton-Smith will not ask candidates to pay money upfront, or provide banking information during the interview process. We will not ask a candidate to pay a fee for a background check, or to purchase work-at-home equipment or materials prior to starting work. We require a face-to-face interview with candidates before we make a job offer. For more information, please go to the Federal Trade Commission website.