W&M Fire Protection, a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, is a full-service fire protection contractor with complete design, installation, and fabrication capability. W&M has proudly served the tri-state and New England areas for over 20 years, and offers a challenging and rewarding work environment.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a Shop / Material Coordiator at our office in Plantsville, CT. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
The Shop Coordinator ensures the delivery of tools and materials to the job sites, along with the maintenance of the shop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates with the correct staff for required jobsite deliveries and to ensure vehicles are stocked and maintained
- Receives daily material shipments and packages while verifying received material with Purchase Orders and packing slips; maintains the records as needed
- Organizes and maintains shop inventory, material, parts and tools kept on-hand and those at job sites
- Prepares each job in accordance with the fabrication list or verbal/written instructions
- Communicates appropriately with the purchasing department to ensure order timeliness and accuracy
- None, however may from time to time oversee part-time seasonal shop assistants or apprentices working in the shop
- Good mathematical skills with the ability to read a tape measure and add/subtract fractions
- Good communication, organizational, reading and time management skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of experience in a shop setting with experience in a technical or mechanical trade a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have valid State Driver License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds by self and up to 100 pounds assisted (with another person or mechanical assistance)
- Ability to climbs ladders up to 6 foot
- Shop environment with exposure to outside elements during all seasons
- Ability to drive a fork-lift
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"