Are you looking for a new career? Are you just starting out and want a career? Would you like to join a growing company that builds leaders? Check us out!
W&M Fire Protection, a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, is a full-service fire protection contractor with complete design, installation, and fabrication capability. W&M has proudly served the tri-state and New England areas for over 20 years, and offers a challenging and rewarding work environment.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a Inspection & Deficiency Sales Assistant at our office in Plantsville, CT. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
The Inspection and Deficiency Sales Assistant will assist the Inspections Coordinator and Deficiency Sales member with the maintenance and coordination of the inspection’s inbound and outbound processes, as well as, assisting with quoting of deficiencies and follow-up with the customer.
HOW SUCCESS WILL BE MEASURED:
- Assists in obtaining information needed for each job such as, Purchase Order numbers, tax-exempt form, insurance certificates, deficiency information, and certified payroll information
- Assists in the scheduling of inspections (monthly/quarterly/annually) per the contract with the customer and the Companies inspectors to ensure compliance with state and local codes and the customer’s contract
- Assists in the scheduling of service worked based on quotes signed
- Collects inspection reports from the inspectors in a timely manner and ensure the correct reports are received per job order prior to billing; checks for deficiencies and quotes as necessary
- Scans and uploads documents to the online document storage system to include invoices, purchase orders, contracts and other information need based on the customer
- Follows up with customer on deficiencies quoted
- Books and creates jobs for inspections and service calls within the system; invoices after the job is complete per the company policies and procedures
- Assists with the invoicing of customers, follow-up for collections of customers for the inspection department
- Assists with answering the branches incoming phone calls
- Other duties as assigned by manager
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/GED with Associate Degree preferred
- Experience in an administrative setting or equivalent combination of education and experience is a plus, but not necessary
- Notary public a plus
- Good oral, written, telephone and customer service skills
- Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to assist both internal and external customers
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures and regulations
- Moderate to advanced computer skills, with advanced proficiency in Excel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment – moderate noise
- Mostly sedentary role with the need to move about the office to copy, scan, fax and file
- May require light lifting
- Requires working on computers and phones consistently throughout the day
LIMITATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"