ReVision Energy is excited to be adding a dedicated Solar Service Technician - Electrical Apprentice to ReVision Energy and are seeking a full-time support person to help build, develop, and administer this new segment of the business in our North Andover, MA branch. Travel and training in NH may be required.
NOTE: This is not an entry level Installer - Apprentice position. Relevant solar experience required.
ReVision Energy was founded in 2003 by two solar geeks in a garage and has grown to over 300 employee-owners spread across our physical locations in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts. Our offerings of products have grown to include solar panels, battery backup systems, electric vehicle infrastructure, heat pumps, and water heating equipment.
As a 100% employee-owned company and a Certified B Corp, ReVision Energy is on a mission to lead our community in solving the environmental problems caused by fossil fuels while alleviating economic and social injustice.
ReVision Energy is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to creating an inclusive culture where employees from diverse backgrounds can thrive and support our mission. Our recruitment team looks at the whole picture; personal, professional, and non-traditional experience, as well as community involvement.
The safety, health, and well-being of our co-owners and our communities is of primary importance. We have implemented additional measures to assure that those we work and share spaces with adhere to COVID and general safety best practices.
About the Position:
The Solar Service Technician - Electrical Apprentice position is a unique and valuable opportunity for aspiring electricians to install high quality renewable energy systems while studying to earn their journeyperson electrical license.
This position is an integral role in our growing companywide Service Division, which is charged with delivering legendary customer service. The Service team also supports in guiding our installation, sales, and engineering processes as we learn and adapt to how our technologies stand the test of time. Training is provided to ensure each technician is comfortable in diagnosing and understanding our systems. The Apprentice Service Technician will be paired with an electrician on the Service Team and deployed to service calls in order to troubleshoot, perform inspections, and repair equipment as needed.
Individuals in this position are also required to participate in the ReVision Energy Electrical Apprenticeship Program (REEAP), which provides free schooling that is provided by ReVision Energy and qualifies apprentices to earn a highly valuable electrical license. In addition to paid, on-the-job learning that includes maintenance and inspection, module removal and replacement, inverter and optimizer replacement, diagnosis and troubleshooting, and support for large project Operations & Maintenance, our Solar Installer-Electrical Apprentices are required to commit 150 hours per year of unpaid schooling for four years to meet apprenticeship and licensing requirements.
Role and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Respond to electrical service calls including photovoltaic, battery, and electric vehicle chargers.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, communicate with tech support, and make repairs
- Communicate to customer what the issue is and how to address it
- Update internal service records
- Gather all information needed to apply for a warranty claim
- Offer support to the dedicated NH and MA service technicians
- Participate in and satisfactory complete our in-house electrical apprenticeship program (REEAP)
- Photovoltaic installation experience
- Highly organized & have ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Competence in design of photovoltaic systems including electrical wiring, controls and component specification
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, e-mail and web based applications
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Good at problem solving and working with tools
- Excellent capacity to work in a team – ability to foster a positive team environment
- Comfortably able to lift 50lbs, climb ladders, work with tools, work in crawl spaces, and work on high roof tops in varying hot and cold temperatures
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with others (customers and co-workers)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced community environment
- Safety conscious – must be comfortable enforcing safety rules with everyone, including supervisors, customers, and co-workers
- Efficient – able to produce significant output with minimal waste
- Teamwork – reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish collaborative working relationships
- High Standards – expects personal performance to be nothing short of the best
- Code of Conduct – you will be a guest at our customer’s home and are expected to act accordingly, you will sign and live up to our Code of Conduct
- Flexible – adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes with change well
- Proactive – acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the process and procedures
- Comfortable with heights
- Must be able to effectively participate in online and in-person electrical training.
- Demonstrated commitment to completing job tasks and an average of five hours per week on electrical training during the 30-week REEAP academic year.
Required Licenses or Additional Qualifications
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (desired but not required)
- OSHA 10
- EPA Certification
- College Degree
- NABCEP certification
- Other manufacturer certification/training