Finding the right fit
We’re proud to be a nationwide team of industry experts representing inventive problem-solvers that have planned, designed, and facilitated thousands of projects that keep our nation’s infrastructure reliable and responsive. We need an authentic and qualified Business Development Specialist to extend our reach through strategic pursuits and untapped business opportunities and relationships.
You will be responsible for pursuing new market sectors, developing relationships with clients, and assisting with capture strategies for various pursuits company wide. Asking the ‘right’ questions will give you a comprehensive understanding of our client needs and seamlessly translate to organizational response by leveraging Ayres’ talent to solve their challenges. Highly skilled in business development, and an internal drive to open doors with clients in specific market sectors - you will join and inspire a team of like-minded go-getters to achieve our company vision.
Note: There is only one position available with the option of multiple office locations.
Opportunities you’ll have:
- Collaborate with leaders across market sectors and geographic regions to develop and implement capture strategies.
- Monitor and evaluate industry trends, marketplace conditions, and customer needs to be incorporated into the corporate strategy.
- Identify growth markets and client target opportunities for new business pursuits.
- Support divisional efforts to meet revenue goals across all market sectors and services.
- Maintain existing clients that align with Ayres’ culture, philosophy, and corporate/divisional strategic growth plans.
- Seamlessly connect clients to appropriate technical leaders.
- Work to improve select project managers maintenance of client relationship and business development skills.
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations.
- Act as an Ayres ambassador in the business and professional communities.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in the A/E, Planning or Geospatial industry.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the following:
- History of success with business development – technique, relationships, etc.
- Identifying growth markets for strategic pursuits
- Proven ability to open doors with new clients
- Familiarity with CRM software (e.g. Deltek Vision)
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis. This position is expected to require significant travel to support Business Development throughout the company.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Effective communicator in a variety of settings: one-on-one, small, and large groups, virtual, and among diverse systems and position levels.
- Technical aptitude with ability to understand clients’ needs and align to our services.
- Draws on multiple relationships to exchange ideas, resources, and best practices.
- A desire to build the Ayres brand nationally.
- Ability to think outside the box to generate creative ideas and inspire our team.
- Passion for representing Ayres in a professional manner.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, People with Disabilities