Dakota Pump Inc. is looking for a Controller. This newly-created position will serve as a business partner with plant and management to effectively manage and control the business.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Prepare monthly reports of results, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan, and strategic planning
- Ensure internal controls for operations, sales and finance
- Analyze and accurately report current month’s financial results in accordance with format and time requirements.
- Submit all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
- Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments.
- Perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly. Report audit results monthly.
- Ensure timely and accurate input of bill of material and price code changes.
- Ensure bill of material and costing accurately reflect production operations.
- Maintain a perpetual inventory and reconcile this perpetual to production, shipping, and returns on a monthly basis.
- Attend weekly plant production meetings.
- Perform regular walk-throughs of the plant with the production manager and service manager to discuss production and costing issues. Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
- Conduct formal meetings with manufacturing, service, finance and sales management personnel to discuss all issues. Develop and publish a formal agenda and recap with actions to be taken.
- Document and understand ERP/MRP systems, hardware, and reporting conventions and serve as the on-site IT expert.
- Oversee HR services and internal management of the function.
- Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items monthly.
- Analyze internal controls to ensure assets are adequately safeguarded and results are accurately reported.
- Negotiate with financing sources to obtain sufficient levels of cash flow to support ongoing operations.
- Coordinate risk management activities with insurance providers and in-house resources.
- Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies. Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with external CPA.
- Assist in the completion of special projects.
- And more!
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- B.S. in accounting or business administration.
- 5-10 years as Plant Controller in a manufacturing environment, managing a staff, with an emphasis on cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis. Cost management in a job shop environment is preferred, but not required.
- High level of proficiency in PC spreadsheets and ERP/MRP systems.
Here’s what will get you noticed:
- Proven success as a Controller in growing a commercial business, including leading a team of finance employees
- Demonstrated aptitude for strategic thinking
- Self-starter with strong time management and organizational skills
- Possess a strong desire for excellence with an entrepreneurial spirit
Here’s what we offer:
- Key member of the management team of our growing company
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Career growth
Who we are:
Dakota Pump Inc. prides itself on manufacturing the BEST packaged pump stations for both water and wastewater applications as well as having a top-notch automated systems technology department second to none. Located in Mitchell, South Dakota, the family-owned business has grown from its humble beginnings in 1967. The team, including three family members who grew up in the business, has extensive knowledge in water pumping systems, water sewage systems, and water pump stations. With client satisfaction in mind, DPI follows plans and specifications to the letter and has the ability to meet tough requirements.